Press Release courtesy of St. Bonaventure Athletics
ST. BONAVENTURE MEN’S/WOMEN’S SWIM AND DIVE at SPIRE INSTITUTE Saturday, Oct. 28 and Sunday, Oct. 29 – 11:00 a.m./6:00 p.m./9:00 a.m. Geneva, Ohio
The St. Bonaventure men’s and women’s swimming and diving team will be competing against Atlantic 10 competition meet this weekend, beginning on Saturday. The men’s team will compete against La Salle and Saint Louis, while the women’s team will face off against La Salle, Saint Louis and Duquesne.
BONNIES STARTING STRONG
- The Bonnies women’s swim and dive team has had a great month of competition with three wins to start their season.
- In their last tri-meet against UConn and Central Connecticut State, the Bonnies defeated Central Connecticut State, 184-113 and fell to UConn, 173-122.
- After breaking the 100-yard butterfly record in her first meet with a time of 55.37, freshman Lina Kutsko upstaged herself by finishing with a time of 54.86 against UConn, a new record for the Bonnies, as well as a new UConn pool record.
- Kutsko has been on fire for the Brown and White so far and has yet to lose an event all season. She recently earned the Atlantic 10 Swimming and Diving Weekly Honors for her performance thus far and will look to remain dominant during this weekend’s quad meet. She now has 16 wins in 16 individual and relay events.
- Wins have come from a number of swimmers for the Bonnies this season. Senior Devon McFadden has won the 100-backstroke in two of the three meets this season and has also been on three winning relay teams. Freshman Gerle Kerecsen has won 12 individual and relay events, while classmate Katrina Wardner has won four events.
- Freshman Riley Parker was named Atlantic 10 Co-Rookie Performer of the week for her performance on the diving boards at CCSU two week prior. She was the winner of the 1-meter and 3-meter dives.
MEN’S SWIM AND DIVE WORKING TOWARD FIRST WIN
- The Bonnies men’s swim and dive team seeks its first team win this season, coming in 2nd during their first meet and losing 188.5-103.5 against UConn this past weekend.
- Junior Robert Marshall and freshman Tjaard Krusch both notched individual wins, as well as a victory for the 200-freestlye relay team.
- Freshmen Krusch and Ethan Carr have performed well so far. In their first collegiate event, Krusch finished top five in each of the events he competed in, while Carr finished fourth, fifth and sixth in his events.
- Sophomore Guido Balderrama has also earned a victory for the Brown and White this season, winning the 200-butterfly in the Bonnies first meet with a time of 1:55.39.
The Bonnies men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams will return home to face off against Canisius on Saturday, Nov. 11 at 1:00 p.m. in their first action of the season at the Reilly Center Pool.