2019 LHSAA DIVISION 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS
- November 20-21, 2019
- 25 Yards
- SPAR Aquatic Center
- Sulphur, LA
FINAL TOP 5 TEAM SCORES – GIRLS
- E.D. White Catholic High 257
- Calvary Baptist Academy 233
- Lusher Charter School 231
- Episcopal School Baton Rouge 200
- University High Swimming 192
FINAL TOP 5 TEAM SCORES – BOYS
- E.D. White Catholic High 345
- University High Swimming 238
- Episcopal School Baton Rouge 204
- Calvary Baptist Academy 194
- Lusher Charter School 169
The E.D. White Catholic boys set a new D3 Record in the 200 medley relay to kick off the 2019 LHSAA Division 3 Championships. Collin Klingman (back- 25.16), Jacques Rathle (breast- 25.89), Dawson Jeansonne (fly- 23.99), and Brendan Martin (free- 22.29) combined to set the mark in 1:37.33. That lowered their own former record by over 2 seconds. The Calvary Baptist boys also set new D3 Records in the 200 free relay (1:29.81) and 400 free relay (3:13.63).
Rathle went on to win the 200 IM individually, breaking the LHSAA Record with a 1:49.91. He then broke his own D3 Record with a 56.41 win in the 100 breast, narrowly missing another LHSAA Record by just over a tenth.
University High’s Chris Richardson took down the first individual record of the night. Richardson clocked in at 1:40.91 to beat the old D3 Record by almost 2 seconds. He also set a new D3 Record in the 100 back, winning in 50.61 ahead of Lusher Charter’s Derek Zhang (51.02), who was also under the old mark. Zhang set a record with a win of his own in the 100 fly, as he claimed that title with a 50.61 earlier in the meet.
University High’s Maddilyn Geyer set the lone D3 Record on the girls’ side. Geyer broke the record by nearly a second and dominated the field by 4 seconds with her 1:06.39. Calvary Baptist’s Sarah Holt nearly achieved a D3 Record in the 200 free. She was just 3 hundredths shy as she won in 1:52.54. Holt also won the 100 fly with a 56.36.
ADDITIONAL EVENT WINNERS:
- Girls’ 200 Medley Relay: Calvary Baptist, 1:53.42
- Girls’ 200 IM/100 Back: Rylee Moore, Parkview Baptist, 2:06.12/55.03
- Girls’ 50 Free/100 Free: Katherine Bush, Loyola College Prep, 24.72/53.22
- Girls’ 500 Free: Elizabeth Benoit, E.D. White Catholic High, 5:16.36
- Girls’ 200 Free Relay: Calvary Baptist, 1:42.85
- Girls’ 400 Free Relay: E.D. White Catholic High, 3:48.50
- Boys’ 50 Free/100 Free: Brennon Conner, Jennings High, 21.33*/46.24*
- Boys’ 500 Free: Collin Klingman, E.D. White Catholic High, 4:36.38
*= D3 Record