2017 ISCA Junior Championship Cup Day 2 and 3
- Clearwater, FL
- The Long Beach Center Pool
- March 21-25, 2017
- Results on Meet Mobile
Night 2 of the 2017 Dolfin ISCA Junior Championship Cup started with the women’s 200-yard IM. In the 16 & under, Emma Muzzy of the Virginia Gators took gold touching at 1:57.84, dropping over a second from her preliminary time. A few minutes later, Muzzy, the fourth fastest in the class of 2018, took a another first place finish in the 16 & under 100-yard backstroke with the time of 52.65. Muzzy added a third first place finish in the 100-yard breaststroke(1:02.69) to cap off night 2.
On Night 3, Muzzy added another gold in the 16 & under 200-yard backstroke touching at 1:53.38, dropping 3 seconds from her preliminary time. Muzzy was also part of the two record breaking relays Tuesday night.
In the women’s 100-yard breaststroke, Holly Jensen of Potomac Marlins took gold with the time of 1:01.11 dropping over a second from prelims. Jensen also swam to a 2nd place finish in the 200-yard IM (2:01.32). On night 3, Jensen finished at the top in the 50-yard breaststroke touching at 28.33.
Allison Bloebaum added another victory to her meet as she finished the 500-yard freestyle with the time of 4:47.91. Bloebaum dropped over 6-seconds from her time in the morning. On night 1 Bloebaum took the gold in the 500-yard freestyle.
On night 2, Clark Beach of Quest Swimming, swam to a victory in the 100-yard backstroke touching at 47.45. On night 3, Beach touched at 1:41.31 in the 200-yard backstroke. Following, Adding another gold medal to the night, Beach swam to a 4:21.47 in the 500-yard freestyle.
The 50-yard butterfly for the men’s had two swimmers finish under 22 seconds. Khalil Fonder of Virginia Gators finished first at 21.77. Fonder will be attending Arizona State University in the fall. Angelo Russo, also from Virginia Gators followed right behind touch just a few tenths behind(21.85). Russo will be attending West Virginia University in the fall.
Other Top Place Finishers
Day 2- Wednesday Finals
- Open Men’s 200-yard IM- Kieran Smith(1:46.41)
- 16 & Under Men’s 200-yard IM-Carson Foster(1:46.92)
- Open Women’s 200-yard IM- Hannah Foster (1:59.32)
- Open Women’s 100-yard backstroke- Marcella Maguire (53.62)
- 16 & Under Men’s 100-yard backstroke-Caleb Mauldin(48.52)
- Open Men’s 100-yard breaststroke- Jason Mathews(54.45)
- 16 & Under Men’s 100-yard breaststroke-Jacob Foster(54.72)
- Open Women’s 50-yard butterfly- Rachel Peroni (24.88)
- 16 & Under Women’s 50-yard butterfly-Olivia Bray(23.87)
- Open Men’s 50-yard butterfly- Khalil Fonder(21.77)
- 16 & Under Men’s 50-yard butterfly- Cason Wilburn(22.04)
Day 3- Thursday Finals
- 16 & Under Women’s 50-yard breaststroke- Alexis Wenger(28.67)
- Open Men’s 50-yard breaststroke-Jason Mathews(25.19)
- 16 & Under Men’s 50-yard Breaststroke-Patrick Lacore(25.66)
- Open Women’s 200-yard backstroke-Marcella Maguire(1:54.64)
- Open Women’s 50-yard freestyle-Ashley Volpenhein(22.81)
- 16 & Under Women’s 50-yard freestyle-Cora Dupre(22.84)
- Open Men’s 50-yard freestyle- Daniel Krueger(19.84)
- 16 & Under Men’s 50-yard freestyle- Adam Chaney(20.79)
- 16 & Under Women’s 500-yard freestyle-Easop Lee(4:41.91)
- 16 & Under Men’s 500-yard freestyle- Jacob Foster(4:24.54)