Class AA MN State Meet showcased many fabulous swims, and teams showed amazing team spirit, too!
In this video:
1. Wayzata High School Swimming Team (Swimmers with Coaches Elizabeth Hansen, Leah Foreman-Keiser, Beth Shimanski, and Mike Yasis) receiving their championship award, for winning the state meet. Minnetonka was second, Edina was third.
2. Rachel Wittmer, 50 freestyle champion shares how great she felt in the 50. She was also 2nd in the 100 free (to Kaia Grobe of Chanhassen), and on the 2nd place medley relay (she shared the fun with her older sister, Emma Wittmer, whom is also a phenomenal swimmer). Additionally, she was part of the Edina’s record breaking 200 freestyle relay (Amelia Anderson (11), Olivia Anderson (11), Emma Wittmer (11), and Rachel Wittmer (9)), with a time of 1:34.06. None of these girls graduate, so we might see the national record go next year. That record is held by Carmel High School, 1:32.75 from 2009.
3. Edina Head Coach, Jeff Mace, and 100 breaststroke champion, Olivia Anderson talks about her win. Assistant Coaches at Edina include: Sarah Mitchell, Marlene Rure, Natalie Madden, and Diving Coach John Dailey.
4. Minnetonka Head Coach, Dan Berve, and their 400 freestyle relay (Tru Walor (10), Delaney Ambrosen (11), Anna Justinak (10), and Isabel Wyer (12) who is off to the University of Minnesota in 2014), who placed 3rd. Other great coaches at Minnetonka include: World Championships Silver Medalist, David Plummer, and Coaches Sarah Steadman, and Taryn Kelzer.
5. Kasey Roberts of St. Michael-Albertville, who was third in the 200 IM (1st: Madison Preiss of Wayzata, 2nd: Brianna Alexander of Lakeville South) and 100 breaststroke (1st: Olivia Anderson of Edina, Madison Preiss of Wayzata), and helped her team to 8th place finish in the 200 medley relay. St. Michael-Albertville Coaches are: Tom Guillou, Garrett Abraham, Greg Swensen, Megan Piechowski, and Tammy Christensen. Their team placed 11th overall. On another note – it will be fun to watch 7th grader, Emma Lezer (consolation finalist in both 200 IM and 100 breaststroke), over the next 5 years!
For full results, please visist www.mshsl.org.
Class AA results: http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/upload/MSHSL212715Class%20AA%20Finals%20Results.htm
Katrina Radke is an Olympic Swimmer, Sport Psychology Professor, Bestselling Author of Be Your Best Without the Stress, and 7 Ultimate Fitness Routines. She also runs a motivational, peak potential business, WECOACH4U with her husband, Olympic Coach and former Stanford Coach, Ross Gerry.
To keep in touch with Katrina:
website: www.katrinaradke.com, and www.wecoach4u.com