Courtesy: Michigan Athletics
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — The University of Michigan men’s and women’s swimming and diving team announced its 2018-19 schedule on Tuesday (Sept. 4), complete with three home meets at Canham Natatorium. Some notes on the schedule:
• The Wolverines open the season in three weeks, hosting Oakland and Miami University (men only) on Sept. 28-29. Friday’s portion will be a normal dual meet, while Saturday is slated to be relay-only. The team will also spend Saturday raising awareness for juvenile diabetes and JDRF. More details on the meet’s format will be released as the date draws nearer.
• Michigan also will host Northwestern for a two-day dual meet on Oct. 19-20. Following a two-day tri-meet with Iowa and Denver in Iowa City (Nov. 2-3), the Wolverines wraps up the fall at the UGA Invitational (Nov. 29-Dec. 1) in Athens, Georgia.
• Select swimmers and divers will represent Michigan at the Big Ten/ACC Swimming & Diving Challenge, set for Nov. 10-11 in West Lafayette, Indiana. Mike Bottom is serving as head coach for the Big Ten’s women’s team.
• Rivalries will be renewed this winter. The Wolverines will face Indiana (Jan. 17 in Bloomington, Indiana), Ohio State (Jan. 19 at Canham Natatorium; Senior Day) and Michigan State (Feb. 8 in East Lansing, Michigan).
• The Big Ten Championships will be held Feb. 20-23 in Bloomington, Indiana (women) and Feb. 27-March 2 in Iowa City, Iowa (men). The NCAA Zone C Diving Championships — the meet that determines which divers will attend the NCAA Championships — will take place March 14-16 in West Lafayette, Indiana. The NCAA Championships will be held in Austin, Texas, this year — March 20-23 (women) and March 27-30 (men).