2019 U.S. NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- July 31 – August 4, 2019
- Prelims 9:00 AM/Finals 5:00 PM (U.S. Pacific Standard Time)
- Avery Aquatics Center (Stanford, CA)
- LCM (50 Meter Pool)
- Meet Site
- Psych Sheet
- Pre-scratch timeline
- TV & Livestream Schedule
- Omega Results
Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
WOMEN’S 200 BREASTSTROKE – FINAL
- World Record: Rikke Pedersen (Denmark), 2:19.11, 2013
- American Record: Rebecca Soni, 2:19.59, 2012
- Championship Record: Rebecca Soni (United States), 2:20.38, 2009
- U.S. Open Record: Rebecca Soni (United States), 2:20.38, 2009
- Olympic Trials Cut: 2:33.29
- GOLD: Madisyn Cox (TXLA), 2:23.84
- SILVER: Abby Arens (MOR), 2:25.80
- BRONZE: Jenna Strauch (VICN), 2:26.05
World Championships medalist Madisyn Cox dominated this one. Cox crushed her lifetime best by nearly 2 seconds, winning by over a body length in 2:23.84. Cox is now ranked #4 among Americans this year and posted a time that would have been fast enough to make finals at Worlds last week.
Abby Arens took over a second off her best to touch 2nd in 2:25.80, a nail ahead of Jenna Strauch(2:26.05). Arens has now dropped almost 4 seconds from her best coming into this meet. Closely behind for 4th was Miranda Tucker in 2:26.50. Vanessa Pearl was the 2nd fastest swimmer of the night, however, touching in 2:24.99 to win the B final.