Full Results Here.
Delaware Swim Team hosted the 2015 edition of the First State Cup on November 7th and 8th. Gracing the pool deck was world-renowned distance star, Katie Ledecky. Swimming for her club team, Nation’s Capital Swim Club, Ledecky kicked off the weekend’s events with a new meet record of 1:56.66 in the 200 IM. DST’s Jake Johnson – no, not the New Girl actor – matched the Olympian with a record of his own in the event at 1:52.98.
The world record holder would continue her record breaking campaign in the 500 free, posting a 4:27.21 for the win. Ledecky’s final performance would be her third meet record of the day, joining Nation’s Capital teammates Sammie Grant, Kiki Bonetta-Misteli, and Katie Smith for a time of 1:35.98 in the 200 free relay.
David Crossland of DST picked up a pair of meet record swims in the 100 fly (49.94) and the 100 back (50.09). Another male swimmer, NCAP’s Sam Tarter, would claim two records for himself in the 200 free (1:40.87) and the 400 IM (3:58.42).
The DST First State Cup witnessed many other of its records fall including:
- Girls 100 fly: Allie Szekely CBST, 56.42
- Men 500 free: Andrew Gemmell NCAP, 4:26.26
- Boys 400 yard 100 IM’s relay: DST, 3:31.54
- Girls 100 back: Nicole Aarts AGUA, 55.35
- Girls 200 breast: Jaycee Yegher RMSC, 2:20.08
- Girls 200 medley relay: AGUA 1:46.98
- Boys 200 medley relay: DST, 1:34.07