2018 TYR PRO SWIM SERIES – MESA
- Thursday, April 12 – Sunday, April 15
- Skyline Aquatic Center, Mesa, AZ
- Long Course Meters
- Meet site
- Psych Sheet
- Live Stream
- Thursday Finals Heat Sheet
- Live Results
Team Krazyzelburg won the Mesa stop of the Pro Swim Series in SwimSquad points, its second win in three meets so far. An 89-point outing for Krayzelburg has grown his PSS SwimSquad lead to 25.
Krayzelburg got insane production from Chase Kalisz, Kelsi Dahlia and Olivia Smoliga, each of whom hit the max points in Mesa. Kalisz has done so at all three PSS stops, the only swimmer on that trajectory so far.
A combined 60 from those three, combined with 18 from Matt Grevers, was enough to finish second in Mesa without even counting points from breaststroker Nic Fink (who won the 50 on the final night) and freestyler Abbey Weitzeil.
CoughlinSquad was second in Mesa, impressive considering they lost their only IM option last-minute. Coughlin got perfect 20s from Ryan Murphy and Molly Hannis.
SandenoSquad led after day 1, but only had three scoring opportunities on the final day. Leah Smith was a perfect 20-for-20 in her flex spot. Meanwhile LezakSquad got a perfect 20 from Nathan Adrian, but still trails by a wide margin.
We’ve officially hit the halfway point of the tour, with two more “traditional” event stops and one more stop with the stroke 50 shootouts and the mixed medley relays.
Running Point Totals
Final Mesa Scores
- Prior to each meet, the captain will select 6 swimmers from their overall roster to score.
- Each of the six athletes is designated for one specific category, and can score in up to two events from that category. The categories are:
- Free (50 through 1500)
- Back (50 through 200)
- Breast (50 through 200)
- Fly (50 through 200)
- IM (200 and 400, not the mystery order 200 IM)
- Flex (any two races)
- An athlete must make the top 8 to score points:
- 1st: 10
- 2nd: 8
- 3rd: 7
- 4th: 5
- 5th: 4
- 6th: 3
- 7th: 2
- 8th: 1