2016 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Monday, May 16th – Sunday, May 22nd
- Prelims: 10:00 AM (London Time) / 5:00 AM (Eastern Time)
- Finals: 6:00 PM (London Time) / 1:00 PM (Eastern Time)
- London Aquatics Center, London, UK
- Meet Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live Results
- Live Stream
After taking down her own 100 back Scottish record in both prelims and semifinals, including becoming the first Scottish woman under 1:00 in the semifinals, Kathleen Dawson again broke her record with a 59.68 in the final.
Here’s a look at her splits from her record-breaking swims:
- 2016 British Championships, Prelims: 29.41 / 1:00.70 (31.29)
- 2016 European Championships, Prelims: 29.44 / 1:00.60 (31.16)
- 2016 European Championships, Semis: 29.46 / 59.83 (30.37)
- 2016 European Championships, Finals: 29.37 / 59.68 (30.31)
Dawson was faster on both ends than her semifinals swim, but the progression of her back half is what has helped her take down the record this far.
With her swim in finals, Dawson also won the bronze medal. She was one of only five women under the minute mark out of the top 8, finishing third behind Denmark’s Mie Nielsen (58.76) and Hungary’s Katinka Hosszu (58.94). Both Nielsen and Hosszu were under Nielsen’s old meet record.
The 18-year-old Dawson has just the 50 back left to swim at this meet.