2018 USMS SPRING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- May 10th – May 13th
- IUPUI Natatorium, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 25y course
- Meet Site
- Psych Sheets/Heat Sheets
- Live Results
The 2018 U.S. Masters Spring National Championships came to a close on Sunday, and the records continued to fall with 15 more on the final day.
Among the highlights was 26-year-old Katarzyna Wilk, a two-time Polish Olympian, who blazed to a new 50 free record in the women’s 25-29 category. Wilk clocked in at 22.45, getting under the 2014 record of Madison Kennedy (22.62). A former USC Trojan, Wilk wasn’t far off her career best of 22.07, done at the 2016 NCAA Championships. Wilk also set the 100 free record on day 3.
95-year-old Willard Lamb of Oregon hasn’t gone a day without breaking at least one record in the men’s 95-99 age group, and continued the trend on Sunday with a new mark in the 50 free. After setting the record himself opening up the 100 free on Saturday (43.81), he got it down to 42.23 on day 4.
Representing the Tamalpais Aquatics Masters, Laura Val is another swimmer who has been on a tear breaking records. She added two more to close the meet out in the women’s 65-69 category, going 26.55 in the 50 free and 2:23.88 in the 200 backstroke.
Also among those who set records earlier in the weekend and did so again on Sunday were Katie Glenn, Clarke Mitchell, David Sims, Dana Brown and Robert Doud. Check out a full list of the records set on Sunday below via usms.org.
- Katie Glenn, Off Piste Aquatics: women’s 40-44 100 breaststroke (1:02.70)
- Dana Brown, Palmetto Masters: women’s 70-74 100 breaststroke (1:25.63)
- Steve West, NOVA: men’s 45-49 100 breaststroke (55.69)
- Carlo Travaini, Mission Viejo Masters: men’s 55-59 100 breaststroke (57.95)
- Traci Granger, Los Angeles Peninsula Swimmers: women’s 60-64 50 butterfly (27.93)
- Clarke Michell, UC45: men’s 85-89 50 butterfly (38.14)
- Robert Doud, Michigan Masters: men’s 95-99 50 butterfly (2:00.71)
- David Sims, Illinois Masters: men’s 55-59 200 individual medley (2:02.25)
- Katarzyna Wilk, Las Vegas Masters: women’s 25-29 50 freestyle (22.45)
- Laura Val, Tamalpais Aquatics Masters: women’s 65-69 50 freestyle (26.55)
- Willard Lamb, Oregon Masters: men’s 95-99 50 freestyle (42.23)
- Laura Val, Tamalpais Aquatics Masters: women’s 65-69 200 backstroke (2:23.88)
- Clarke Mitchell, UC45: men’s 85-89 200 backstroke (3:18.52)