Poland has named 23 swimmers to their roster for the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games, which are set to kick-off in about two weeks.
The roster, which features 8 women and 15 men, is highlighted by names such as Kasia Wasick and Patel Koreaoniowski.
Koreaoniowski leads the group with the most Olympic experience as Tokyo will be his 5th Olympic Games. At 35-years-old, Koreaoniowski will join a select group of 18 swimmers who have participated in 5 or more Olympic Games, which includes names such as Michael Phelps, Dara Torres, and Therese Alshammar. In Tokyo, Koreaoniowski will contest the 100m butterfly, an event in which he finished 33rd overall in at the 2016 Olympic Games.
Wasick is looking to earn her first medal on the world stage, after taking silver at the European Championships in the 50 freestyle. During the 2020 ISL season, Wasick experienced a breakout, winning the SCM 50 freestyle at multiple meets and claiming the league’s second fastest time ever. Wasick will contest the 50 freestyle in Tokyo, which will be her 4th Olympic Games.
As a nation, Poland qualified for several relays, including the men’s 4×100 freestyle relay, men’s 4×100 medley relay, men’s 4×200 freestyle relay, women’s 4×100 freestyle relay, and mixed 4×100 medley relay. Poland also qualified to swim the women’s 4×200 freestyle relay, but opted to scratch out of the event after all 4 of its women failed to swim under the FINA B cut.
Full List of Athletes:
- Krzysztof Chmielewski: 200 butterfly
- Konrad Czerniak: 50 freestyle
- Pawel Juraszek: 50 freestyle
- Radoslaw Kawecki: 200 backstroke
- Pawel Korzeniowski: 100 butterfly
- Jakub Majerski: 100 butterfly/200 butterfly, 4×100 medley relay, mixed 4×100 medley relay
- Jakub Skierka: 200 backstroke
- Kacper Stokowski: 100 backstroke, 4×100 medley relay
- Jakub Kraska: 4×100 medley relay, 4×100 freestyle relay
- Kacper Majchrzak: 4×100 freestyle relay, 4×200 freestyle relay
- Karol Ostrowski: 4×100 freestyle relay
- Bartosz Piszczorowicz: 4×100 freestyle relay
- Mateusz Chowaniec: 4×200 freestyle relay
- Jan Holub: 4×200 freestyle relay
- Kamil Sieradzki: 4×200 freestyle relay
- Jan Kozakiewicz: 4×100 medley relay, mixed 4×100 medley relay