2022 Mid-States All-Star Championships
- January 8-9, 2022
- IUPUI Natatorium, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Short Course Yards (SCY)
- Results on MeetMobile: “2022 Mid States All Star Championships”
Held at the IUPUI Natatorium in Indianapolis, Indiana, Indiana Swimming welcomed teams from the Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, and Kentucky LSC’s to compete in the Mid-States 14 and Under All-Star Championships. The Indiana LSC team has historically dominated the meet, claiming the title in 20 out of the past 21 seasons. The meet also featured a special appearance by Lilly King, who spend time with each LSC’s team throughout the meet.
One of the top performers of the meet was 14-year old Ella Antoniewski of Team Wisconsin. Antioniewski was dominant across her events, winning five and finishing in the top-3 of her remaining two. She came away with gold in the 100 free (50.68), 1650 free (17:12.59), 200 free (1:51.29), 100 back (56.26), and as a part of her LSC’s 200 free relay. This is the second big meet that Antoniewski has had in recent months, with the 14-year old having hit eight new lifetime bests at the IFLY Midwest Challenge in November.
Dominating the men’s side of the 13-14 age group was Jiarui Xue of Team Minnesota. Xue won five of the eight events that he competed in across the meet, posting multiple best times in the process. In the 1650 freestyle, he swam to a gold medal and lifetime best, as well as becoming the 9th fastest performer in the event for the 13-14 age group this season with a time of 16:02.78. He also ranks among the top-25 for the age group this year in the 200 IM (1:54.84), 400 IM (4:06.16), and 500 free (4:40.78). He won both of the IM events over the weekend and finished second in the 500 free behind Lewis Zhang.
Narrowly missing multiple lifetime best on her way to winning three events was Adalynn Biegler in the 11-12 age group. Biegler claimed the title in the 50 fly (26.60), 100 IM (1:02.05), and 50 free (24.52). She also had a pair of runner-up finishes in the 200 IM (2:14.20) and 100 free (53.69)
Other Notable Performance
- Leighton Lentz hit a huge lifetime best of 2:27.61 to win the girls 10 and under 200 IM. She also claimed the title in the 100 IM (1:10.11) and 100 back (1:08.72).
- In the 13-14 boys age group, Lewis Zhang had a strong showing in the distance freestyle events. Zhang posted the fastest time of the meet in both the 200 free (1:44.32) and 500 free (4:39.40), as well as the second fastest in the 1650 free (16:15.67).
- Jaime Hong hit lifetimes best in nearly all of his events on his way to winning five events in the 11-12 age group. Hong currently ranks in the top-20 of his age group in multiple events this season.