2021 SWIM OPEN STOCKHOLM
- April 8-11, 2021
- Eriksdalsbadet, Stockholm, Sweden
- LCM Format (50m)
- Start Times (Local Time): Heats: 9:30 AM, B/C Finals: 4:30 PM, A Finals: 6 PM
- FINA Olympic Qualifying Standards
- Meet Site
- Live Results
- Live Stream (Available for €4.99/Session)
- Day 1 Recap
- Day 2 Recap
- Day 3 Recap
During the last preliminaries session of the 2021 Swim Open Stockholm in Sunday, Israeli Andi Murez broke her second national record of the meet in the 100 free, clocking in an effort of 54.19. Later in the final, Murez took second by 0.01s to Swede Louise Hansson 54.27 to 54.28. The former national record was held by 17-year-old Anastasia Gorbenko at 54.38, set at December’s Israeli Winter Championships.
Murez slimmed one one-hundredth off her lifetime best from the 2017 World Championships, placing 16th in prelims at 54.20. She also eclipsed the FINA Olympic A cut of 54.38, punching her 100 free ticket to Tokyo alongside Gorbenko. Both Murez and Gorbenko have qualified for the Tokyo Olympics with their A cut times.
Murez now moves up to No. 38 all-time in European history and No. 7 in the continent for the 2021 calendar year. Murez also ranks No. 23 in the world for the 2020-2021 season.
Broken Israeli National Records: April 9-11, 2021
- April 9 — 200 Free, Andi Murez (1:57.97)
- April 9 — 800 Free Relay, Andi Murez, Anastasia Gorbenko, Lea Polonsky, Daria Golovaty (8:06.91)
- April 10 — 200 Back, Anastasia Gorbenko (2:10.86)
- April 11 — 100 Free, Andi Murez (54.19)
- April 11 — 400 Free Relay, Anastasia Gorbenko, Daria Golovaty, Lea Polonsky, Andi Murez (3:41.61)