2021 FINA SHORT COURSE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Thursday, December 16th – Tuesday, December 21st
- Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- SCM (25m)
- Prize Money
- Meet Site
- Psych Sheet
- SwimSwam Preview Index
- FINA Live Results
- Omega Live Results
Reported by Michael Hamann.
Men’s 100 Breast Final
- World Record: 55.28 – SHYMANOVICH Ilya (BLR) 26 NOV 2021
Championship Record: 56.01 – van der BURGH Cameron (RSA) 12 DEC 2018
- World Junior Record: 57.27 – MARTINENGHI Nicolo (ITA) 16 DEC 2017 / 11 DEC 2018
Top 8 finishers:
- Ilya Symanovich (BLR): 55.70 (CR)
- Nicolo Martinenghi (ITA): 55.80
- Nic Fink (USA): 55.87
- Arno Kamminga (NED): 56.06
- Fabian Schwingenschlogl (GER): 56.29
- Qin Haiyang (CHN): 56.77
- Yan Zibei (CHN): 56.86
- Berkay Ogretir (TUR): 57.17
Belarus’ Ilya Shymanovich, who set the World Record earlier this year, broke the SC Worlds meet record en route to the gold medal in 55.70. He came out on fire in the first 50, turning at 25.79 almost three tenths clear of the field. He began to fade down the stretch but ended up holding on for the win.
i think he can go 57 low lcm next year
With how many dolphin kicks? 🤔🤔
With all of the DQs in breaststroke at SCW don’t you think his kick is legal?
Yea, it’ll be at some obscure domestic meet or at the heats of WCs, then he’ll flame out at the WC final in a 59.0.
Low is pushing it I think but 57 high is more realistic
57 low in the heats , and 58.9 in the final yes