2017 FINA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS – HIGH DIVING
High diving got underway at the FINA World Championships on Friday, with round 1 of the women’s competition and rounds 1 & 2 of the men’s taking place.
Leading the men’s 27m was defending champion Gary Hunt of Great Britain, compiling a total score of 205.40. Michal Navratil of the Czech Republic (191.25) and Miguel Garcia of Colombia (190.20) sit 2nd and 3rd after the first two rounds. All 22 divers will compete in round 3 on Sunday.
Germany’s Anna Bader leads the women’s 20m after round 1 with 67.60 points, followed by Tara Tira of the U.S., Rhiannan Iffland of Australia and Adriana Jimenez of Mexico, who all tied with 66.30 points. The women’s event only has ten competitors, and will the medals decided on Saturday.
Men’s 27m Top 5
- Gary Hunt, GBR, 205.40
- Michal Navratil, CZE, 191.25
- Miguel Garcia, COL, 190.20
- Steve Lo Blue, USA, 184.75
- David Colturi, USA, 182.30
Women’s 20m Top 5
- Anna Bader, GER, 67.60
- Rhiannan Iffland, AUS / Adriana Jimenez, MEX / Tara Tira, USA, 66.30
- Cesilie Carlton, USA, / Helena Merten, AUS / Yana Nestsiarava, BLR, 62.40