2016 SPEEDO CHAMPIONS SERIES ESSZ MEET
- Thursday, July 14th – Sunday, June 17th
- Greensboro Aquatic Center, Greensboro, NC
- Psych Sheet
- Timeline of Events
On day 3 of the Speedo Sectionals meet in Greensboro, the distance swimmers highlighted the night with one of the closest races of the meet. In the women’s 400 free, Geena Freriks won a tight battle with Kendal Casey and Brooke Forde, as the top 3 were separated by just 7 tenths. Freriks got to the wall first in 4:15.18, dropping over 7 seconds from her prelims time. Coming in behind her for 2nd was Casey in 4:15.33, followed by Forde (4:15.96) in 3rd.
Another notable swim on the women’s side was the 100 fly, which saw UNC’s Hellen Moffitt swim to a convincing win. Moffitt posted the only sub-1:00 of the evening to win in 59.13. Rounding out the top 3 behind her were Haley McInerny (1:00.87) and Hannah Kukurugya (1:01.50).
In the men’s version of the 100 fly, David Dingess added another win this weekend. Dingess was the 100 back champ last night, and went on to win this race tonight in 55.11 ahead of Matthew Beach (55.43) and Zachary Brown (55.90).
Other Event Winners
- Men’s 400 Free: Jerod Kehl, 3:58.89
- Women’s 100 Breast: Kendra Crew, 1:10.31
- Men’s 100 Breast: Austin Rednour, 1:04.57
- Women’s 800 Free Relay: Lakeside Swim Team, 8:24.30
- Men’s 800 Free Relay: Lakeside Swim Team, 7:48.11