The Florida High School Athletic Association’s 2016 state meet series is in full swing, with the Class 1A district meets now complete. The top 24 swimmers from the combined districts in each region will move on to their respective Class 1A Regional Championships.
Below are all the links you need to view district results and regional qualifiers, as well as a list of district champions and highlights from the meets.
- Results for all districts
- Region 1 selection sheet
- Region 2 selection sheet
- Region 3 selection sheet
- Region 4 selection sheet
FHSAA CLASS 1A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS
- District 1: North Bay Haven boys, Maclay girls
- District 2: Bolles boys, Bolles girls
- District 3: PK Yonge boys, PK Yonge girls
- District 4: Trinity Prep boys, Trinity Prep girls
- District 5: Cocoa Beach boys, Cocoa Beach girls
- District 6: Lake Placid boys, Lake Placid girls
- District 7: Berkeley Prep boys, Berkeley Prep girls
- District 8: Shorecrest Prep boys, Shorecrest Prep girls
- District 9: Seacrest Country Day boys, Bishop Verot girls
- District 10: Saint Andrew’s boys, Saint Andrew’s girls
- District 11: Pine Crest boys, Pine Crest girls
- District 12: Ransom Everglades boys, Ransom Everglades girls
CLASS 1A DISTRICT MEET HIGHLIGHTS
Oak Hall’s Isabel Ivey, a member of the USA National Junior Team, sits atop the standings in both of her individual races as she heads to the Region 1 meet. Ivey was a double district champion, winning the 200 IM in 2:06.30 and the 50 free in 23.69.
Bolles senior James Daugherty , a Cal Berkeley commit, was the district champion in his signature event: the 100 breast. He now leads the pack for the region 1 meet with his 59.36 in that event. He’s also the 4th seed in the boy’s 50 free with his 22.85.
In the region 2 cluster of district meets, Michigan commit Claire Maiocco blasted an All-American consideration time of 23.45 in the 50 free to give herself the top seed for the region 2 meet. She put up another AA-C time in the 100 fly, where she leads the way in 55.07.
Tampa Catholic’s Christin Rockway highlights the region 3 selection sheets, as she won both the 200 IM (2:07.95) and 500 free (4:57.76) at her district meet. Rockway is the only swimmer with a sub-5:00 seed time for the region 3 meet in the 500 free, and she’s currently over 7 seconds faster than anyone else’s seed time.
Ransom Everglades’ Kyla Valls pulled out an AA-C time to win the 200 free at her district meet. She now leads the region 4 psych sheet with her seed time of 1:50.06. She’s also the top seed in the 100 free with her district-winning time of 51.07.
Also leading the way into region 4 with an AA-C time, Benjamin’s Alessandra Baldari took an impressive district victory in the 200 IM, clocking a 2:03.25 to win the race. She also leads the 100 fly with a 56.10.
Trinity Christian’s Chade Nercisio met the AA-C mark as well, blasting her way to a 23.25 in the 50 free on the way to a district victory.
Saint Andrew’s Izaak Bastian posted the fastest 100 breast time of all the districts combined, winning the race in 58.52. Also dipping under 59 to set himself up as the 2nd seed for region 4 was Westlake Prep’s Adan Diaz-Vazquez (58.62).