Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
MEN’S 1500 FREE
- American Record: Connor Jaeger, 14:39.48, 2016
- U.S. Open Record: Peter Vanderkaay, 14:45.54, 2008
- Meet Record:
Glen Housman, 14:58.55, 1991
- GOLD- Damien Joly, FRA, 14:55.46
- SILVER- Logan Houck, SAND, 15:01.70
- BRONZE- Andrew Brady, UN-01, 15:17.90
France’s Damien Joly took down the oldest Meet Record in the books, turning in a 14:55.46 to knock 3 seconds off the former mark. Joly now becomes the 10th fastest man in the world this year by a hundredth over Jan Micka. That time was a season best time by 12 seconds for Joly and was 14 seconds fster than he was at the French Championships earlier this year.
SAND’s Logan Houck closed in on the 15:00-barrier, finishing in 15:01.70 for 2nd place. Snow Swimming’s Andrew Brady swam fast enough in the morning heats to get the bronze with his 15:17.90, as France’s Joris Bouchaut was the 3rd fastest man in tonight’s final with a 15:18.72.