KMSC PRO/AM CLASSIC
- December 19th-22nd, 2019
- Lewisville, Texas
- SCY (25Y) Course
- Meet Book
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results on Meet Mobile
U.S. Olympians Clark Smith (TXLA) and Cody Miller (SAND) won their respective races on night 2 of the KMSC Pro-Am. Smith swam the 200 free, posting a 1:34.35 to come within a second of his lifetime best (1:33.36) from 2015. That’s also the fastest he’s been since 2016. Miller picked up a win in his signature 100 breast. His 51.66 was the best he’s swum in the event in nearly 3 years.
13-year-old Katie Grimes (SAND) won a pair of events. Grimes broke 1:50 for the first time to win the 200 free in 1:48.67. She then made a huge drop in the 400 IM for her second win, taking almost 5 seconds off her lifetime best in 4:14.67.
Additional Event Winners:
- Bryony Kennett (SPA) came within a hundredth of her best time to win the women’s 100 breast in 1:01.77. She swam her 1:01.76 at the Winter Juniors meet just over a week ago.
- SMU’s Erin Trahan, an AAC Champion, won the 100 fly in 53.16. 14-year-old Arabella Sims (SAND) was 2nd, dropping 2.5 seconds throughout the day with a 53.48.
- Another SMU woman, Felicia Anderson, brought home a win with a 25.51 in the 50 back.
- Sawyer Grimes (SAND) dominated the men’s 400 IM. Grimes dropped almost 8 seconds from his former best between prelims and finals, touching in 3:50.92.