2022 AUSTRALIAN SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, August 24th – Saturday, August 27th
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Center
- SCM (25m)
- Entry List
The 2022 Australian Short Course Championships kick off tomorrow, Wednesday, August 24th, with a mountain of green and gold talent heading to Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Center.
Several stars are racing on the heels of the Duel in the Pool, where Australia hosted an American contingent, with the stars n’ stripes ultimately beating the Aussies in a meet filled with unconventional events.
Chalmers stuck to butterfly events for his individual races at the Commonwealth Games, although he nabbed 3 relay gold medals and 1 silver.
For McKeon’s part, the 28-year-old became the most decorated athlete in Commonwealth Games history.
Americans Attending Too
Several American swimmers who competed in last week’s made-for-TV Duel in the Pool event, are hanging around to race at Short Course Nationals. Among those names include Trenton Julian, Luke Hobson, Grant House, Beata Nelson, Justin Ress, David Johnston, and para-swimmer Jamal Hill will represent the US at this meet. Johnston and Hobson will return to the University of Texas Longhorns, where classes began on Monday.
The meet’s program of events is as follows:
Below are several key athletes and their entries for these Short Course Championships, knowing scratches may come into play once the meet gets underway.
- Minna Atherton – 50m/100m/200m backstroke
- Holly Barratt – 50m back/100m, 50m/100m fly, 50m/100m free
- Kyle Chalmers – 50m/100m/200m free
- Isaac Cooper – 50m/100m free, 50m/100m back
- Mack Horton – 200m/400m/800m free
- Clyde Lewis – 100m/200m free, 200m IM
- Emma McKeon – 50m/100m free, 50m/100m fly
- Kaylee McKeown – 50m/100m/200m back, 100m breast, 100m/200m IM, 50m free
- Mollie O’Callaghan – 50m/100m/200m free, 50m/100m back
- Lani Pallister – 100m/200m/400m/800m/1500m free
- Cody Simpson – 50m/100m fly, 50m/100m free, 100m IM
- Matt Temple – 50m/100m free, 50m/100m fly
- Madi Wilson – 50m/100m/200m free
- Trenton Julian – 200m free, 100m/200m IM, 100/200m fly
- Beata Nelson – 50m fly, 100m/200m back, 100m/200m IM
- Luke Hobson – 50m/100m/200m/400m free
- David Johnston – 400m/800m/1500m free, 400m IM