- October 28, 2017
- Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Meet Results
- WOMEN: Bryant 191, Iona 71
- MEN: Bryant 168, Iona 94
Courtesy of Bryant Athletics
The Bryant University women’s swimming and diving team recorded its second straight convincing win in as many weeks, defeating Iona 191-71 at the Chace Athletic Center Pool on Saturday.
Coach Cameron’s Comments
“I think we were able to mix up some events. We were able to put together some strong events that we haven’t played with yet and a lot of them responded well. Going to Wagner and Central is going to be a fun meet and I think it’s anybody’s to win.”
- The Bulldogs swept the 200 free on the swims of Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain), Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) and Valeria Watson (Mexico City, Mexico), separating themselves from the Gaels en route to the victory.
How the Swimmers Did
- Scifo added two more wins on the afternoon, winning the 200 free and the 400 free relay.
- Rice added a pair of runner-up finishes and a victory in the 100 free.
- Mackenzie Kirk (San Jose, Calif.) won both of her distance events, taking home first-place finishes in the 500 free and 1000 free.
- Nicole Salzano (Elmwood Park, N.J.) finished in second in the 100 back and 500 free.
Stats and Notables
- Bryant has won their last two meets a combined 287-174.
- Kirk won the 1000 free for the second consecutive week.
- The Bulldogs won three meets in the month of September for the second straight season.
The Bulldogs hit the road for a crucial tri-meet with Wagner and Central Connecticut on Friday and Saturday on Staten Island.