BRITISH OLYMPIC SELECTION TRIALS
Tonight’s men’s 100m freestyle event was a thrilling affair, with Duncan Scott matching his own British Record en route to victory. He adds this race to his 200m free and 200m IM for a stacked lineup for Tokyo in addition to relays.
Most likely joining him on the Olympic roster in the sprint event is 18-year-old Matt Richards, the reigning European Junior Champion who put up the performance of his life to check-in with the 100m free silver medal.
Also notching qualification swims were national record holder Max Litchfield in the 400m IM, Brodie Williams in the 400m IM and Alys Thomas in the 200m fly. The duo of James Wilby and Ross Murdoch also accomplished the feat in the 200m breast to bring the roster up to 19 with 2 days remaining of these British Trials.
British Swimmers Having Achieved National Olympic Qualifying Times in Individual Events
- Adam Peaty – 100m breast (pre-qualified)
- James Wilby – 100m breast (pre-qualified), 200m breast
- Duncan Scott – 200m free (pre-qualified), 200m IM, 100m free
- Luke Greenbank – 200m back (pre-qualified)
- Freya Anderson – 200m free
- Kieran Bird – 400m free
- Aimee Willmott – 400m IM
- Harriet Jones – 100m fly
- Joe Litchfield – 200m IM
- James Guy – 200m fly
- Kathleen Dawson – 100m back
- Cassie Wild – 100m back
- Molly Renshaw – 200m breast
- Abbie Wood – 200m breast
- Max Litchfield – 400m IM
- Brodie Williams – 400m IM
- Alys Thomas – 200m fly
- Matt Richards – 100m free
- Ross Murdoch – 200m breast