2023 BRITISH SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, April 4th – Sunday, April 9th
- Prelims at 9:30 am local (4:30 am EDT)/Finals at 6:00 pm local (1:00 pm EDT)
- Ponds Forge, Sheffield
- LCM (50m)
- World Championships Qualifier
- World Championships Selection Criteria
- Draft Entries
- Live Results – link updated when available
The 2023 British Championships at Pond Forge begin on Tuesday, April 4th. The six-day competition represents the sole qualifying opportunity for British swimmers to etch their name onto the nation’s consideration roster for this summer’s World Championships in Fukuoka, Japan.
Swimmers will be up against stiff British Swimming-dictated time standards which, in some cases, are set faster than the current national records. As in the past, however, athletes may be discretionarily selected after the fact to fill out the nation’s lineup.
We reported how Olympic champion and World Record holder Adam Peaty has withdrawn from the meet due to mental health concerns.
Aside from the 28-year-old’s absence, however, the British contingent will be in full effect. We’ll see the likes of Duncan Scott, Tom Dean, Luke Greenbank, James Guy, Abbie Wood, Anna Hopkin, Freya Anderson and more taking on events as the championships unfold.
As a refresher, the finals are contested in the following manner:
- Junior Finals – swimmers born 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009
- Priority Paris Finals – swimmers born in 2000 or younger
- Open A & B Finals – All ages
British Championships (50m) 2023 (swimmingresults.org)
Updated entry list
Ooops! Not able to post that. Updated (March 31st) draft entry list via the (very poor) British Swimming website.