2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 6 Prelims Live Stream (NBC Olympics)
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 6 Prelims Heat Sheets
Night 5 continued to bring surprises in Omaha, both elating and devastating. We saw 2 US Open records from Hali Flickinger (200 fly) and Caeleb Dressel (100 free) as well as Michael Andrew become the #3 American all-time in the 200 IM. We also saw Nic Fink qualify for his first Olympic team after narrowly missing out in the 100 breast as he took a dominating win in the 200 at 2:07.55.
On the flipside, in the women’s 100 free, we saw defending Olympic and world champion Simone Manuel place 9th, missing out on the final. She would later explain in an emotional press conference that she was diagnosed with Overtraining Syndrome in March and her training has been radically different since in order to accommodate this. We also saw Will Licon placed 3rd in the 200 breast by a razor-thin margin for the 2nd trials in a row, leaving him off the team.