2016 NC STATE INVITATIONAL
- Live results
- Meet info
- Hosted by NC State University
- Thursday, November 17th-Saturday, November 19th
- 25 yards
- Invite format
Day 2 of the 2016 NC State GAC Invitational saw Tennessee Volunteers top the 400 IM on the women’s and men’s sides. In the women’s race, freshman Meghan Small raced the wall in 4:11.92 for the win. Sam McHugh helped the Volunteers follow that up with another victory, topping the men’s field in 3:42.54.
NC State’s Ryan Held continued to impress tonight. In addition to his 18.75 split on the winning 200 medley relay, he also picked up another individual win. Held swam to a 46.06 to win the 100 fly final ahead of Notre Dame’s Justin Plaschka, who was also sub-47 with a 46.82 for 2nd.
In the women’s 100 fly, UNC’s Hellen Moffitt, an Olympic Trials finalist, took control of the race. She raced to the wall in 51.72 for 1st ahead of Duke’s Leah Goldman (52.22) and Alyssa Marsh (52.79). Moffitt nearly picked up another victory with her 52.28 in the 100 back, but fell short to NC State All-American Alexia Zevnik, who won it in 52.12.
Duke senior Peter Kropp led a 1-2 charge for his team in the men’s 100 breast. Kropp was the only man to dip under 53, taking 1st place with his 52.93. Following him for 2nd was his teammate, Dylan Payne, in 53.09. Not far behind for 3rd place was NC State’s Derek Hren in 53.13.
Additional Event Winners:
- Women’s 200 medley relay- NC State (Haan, Brumbaum, Duffield, Perry), 1:36.80
- Men’s 200 medley relay- NC State (Stuart, Hren, Dahl, Held), 1:25.33
- Women’s 200 free- Abbie Dolan, Notre Dame, 1:46.00
- Men’s 200 free- Soeren Dahl, NC State, 1:35.13
- Women’s 100 breast- Kayla Brumbaum, NC State, 1:00.10
- Men’s 100 back- Hennessey Stuart, NC State, 46.78
*800 free relay winners will be added when the event concludes.