2023 CHRISTIANSBURG SPEEDO SECTIONALS
- March 23-26, 2023
- Christiansburg, Virginia
- Short Course Yards (25 yards)
- Psych Sheet
- Meet Central
- Meet Results on Meet Mobile: “2023 EZ Southern Region Speedo Champ Series”
- Day 1 Recap
- Day 2 Recap
- Day 3 Recap
Seneca Oddo closed out the 2023 Christiansburg Sectionals with a victory in the 100-yard freestyle on Sunday afternoon.
The Kentucky Aquatics standout dipped under 45 seconds for the first time on the last day of the meet with a 44.72, shaving a few tenths off his previous-best 45.02 from last week.
Fellow 17-year-old Zach Zornan Ferguson of Racer X Aquatics wasn’t far behind Oddo with a 45.10 for a runner-up finish.
The 100 free was also fast on the girls side, with Wilmington Aquatic Club 17-year-old Rachel Bockrath winning by more than a second with a 49.59. The Ohio State commit was just off her personal-best 49.32 from February.
The boys’ 200 back featured a fun battle between 18-year-old Jake Lowrey (1:49.37) and 16-year-old Kade Snyder (1:49.46), who were separated by less than a tenth of a second. Lowrey, a Brown commit, was slightly off his personal-best 1:49.20 from December. Snyder posted a huge time drop, taking almost four seconds off his previous-best 1:53.45 from February.
Other Day 4 Winners
- Nittany Lion Aquatic Club 18-year-old Jade Castro cruised to victory by more than a second in the 200 back with a 1:57.41, about half a second slower than Auburn commit’s lifetime best from December (1:56.90).
- After placing 2nd in the 200 back (1:58.48), North Carolina Aquatic Club 18-year-old Eva Boehlke got back on top of the podium in the 200 IM with a time of 2:00.98. The UCSD commit was a second slower than her personal-best 1:59.56.
- Kentucky Aquatics 18-year-old Alex Ochsenbein triumphed in the men’s 200 IM with a time of 1:49.15, slightly off the Missouri commit’s personal-best 1:48.23 from last month.
We want oddo
What a beast