2021 YMCA SPRING FESTIVAL – OXFORD
- Wednesday, March 31 – Saturday, April 3, 2021
- Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Hosted by Powel Crosley Jr YMCA
- SCY (25y)
- Championship Format
- Event Page
- Meet Packet
- Complete Prelims Heat Sheets
- Results on Meet Mobile as “2021 OH AP YMCA Swimming Festival Miami Site”
The 2021 YMCA Spring Festival has kicked off in multiple US sites this week, including at Miami University in Oxford, OH, hosted by Powel Crosley Jr YMCA. This meet will take the place of a multi-site unofficial YMCA championship (not officially sponsored by the organization) after both 2020 and 2021 national championships were canceled. Yesterday evening, the finals of the 500 free, 200 IM, 50 free, and 200 medley relay timed finals were contested.
- Read more about the 2021 YMCA Spring Festival here.
Night One Highlights
Kanawha Valley Kraken 15-year-old Madilyn McGlothen flexed her endurance skills with her double wins in the 500 free (4:57.57) and 200 IM (2:03.91). McGlothen broke five minutes for the first time in the 500 event while she chopped three seconds off her previous 200 IM best. 15-year-old teammate Madeline Foster finished third in the 500 free at 5:04.06, touching in just 1.31s behind runner-up 18-year-old Molly Pressler of Powel Crosley Jr YMCA (5:02.75).
In the IM event, McGlothen touched out Northwest Louisiana 18-year-old Sarah Holt (2:03.93) by two one-hundredths to nab her second win of the day. Finishing third in the 200 IM was 17-year-old Lancaster Stingray Mia Hensley (2:06.10).
Switching over to the men’s 50-yard free, Lawrence County YMCA’s Conner McBeth was the fastest swimmer in the pool with his sub-21 winning time of 20.67. Finishing in second place was Indiana PA 14-year-old Preston Kessler, clocking in a solid performance of 21.14. Kessler’s time now ranks 27th in the 15&U age group this season as well as 7th in the 14&U age group. Kessler is also now the #58 perfomer in 13-14 age group history. Taking second place by one one-hundredth was 17-year-old teammate Kyle Thome (21.14).
Farmington Family 15-year-old Amy Pan won the women’s sprint title at 23.05, touching ahead of South YMCA 18-year-old McKenzie Reid (23.41) and Northwest Louisiana 17-year-old Brooke Fegley (23.63).
Breaking the 4:30-barrier in the men’s 500 free was 18-year-old Alex Craft of M.E. Lyons, stopping the clock at 4:28.86. Rounding out the top three times in the event were 17-year-olds Powel Crosley Jr’s Adam Lamping (4:30.87) and Blue Ash’s Erik Menchhofer (4:31.96).
Picking up an event win for the host team was 18-year-old Luke Paxton, swimming 1:49.47 to win the 200 IM championship final, chopping 10 seconds off his entry time of 1:59.18. 17-year-old Birmingham Blue Dolphin Drew Collins (1:51.82) touched two-tenths ahead of Springfield Family 14-year-old Jarrett Payne (1:52.04) for second place behind Paxton.
Night One Relays
Women’s 200 Medley Relay
- South (KEY) YMCA, 1:45.67 — E. Tenhundfeld (27.14), A. Newkirk (30.06), M. Reid (24.01), E. Kyre (24.46)
- Springfield Family YMCA, 1:47.40 — R. Turner (26.71), G. Thomas (30.63), S. Jones (26.14), K. Price (23.92)
- Auglaize-Mercer County YMCA, 1:49.28 — K. Niekamp (29.63), C. Gass (28.77), M. May (26.25), D. Eilerman (24.63)
Men’s 200 Medley Relay
- Birmingham YMCA, 1:33.07 — D. Collins (22.91), E. Schwab (25.21), C. Bruce (23.21), C. Bouchillon (21.74)
- Powel Crosley Jr YMCA, 1:35.55 — J. Proctor (25.31), N. Clark (27.67), L. Paxton (21.49), M. Bencurik (21.08)
- Blue Ash YMCA, 1:36.12 — D. Held (24.41), J. Zhao (27.10), B. Menchhofer (23.36), E. Menchhofer (21.25)
The action in Oxford picks up tonight with the timed finals of the 200 free relay, the A and B finals of the 400 IM, 100 fly, 200 free, and the 400 medley relay timed finals.
Team Scores (After Night One)
Top 5 Combined Teams
- Powel Corsley Jr YMCA, 180.5
- Blue Ash YMCA, 165.5
- Springfield Family YMCA, 135
- Birmingham YMCA, 109.5
- YMCA of Northwest Louisiana, 105
Top 5 Men’s Teams
- Blue Ash YMCA, 107.5
- Birmingham YMCA, 102.5
- Powel Crosley Jr YMCA, 92
- Springfield Family YMCA, 68.5
- Indiana PA YMCA, 63
Top 5 Women’s Teams
- South (KEY) YMCA, 98
- Powel Crolsey Jr YMCA, 88.5
- YMCA of Northwest Louisiana, 76
- Springfield Family YMCA, 66.5
- YMCA of Kanawha Valley Kraken, 59.5