2020 Flatiron vs. Foothills Swim Team Dual Meet
- October 24, 2020
- Veteran’s Memorial Aquatic Center, Thornton, Colorado
- Short Course Yards (25 yard pool)
- Results on Meet Mobile: “Flatiron Dual Meet with Foothills”
The Flatiron Athletic Club and Foothills Swim Team joined a growing trend of club teams hosting meets in a dual format this weekend, as swimming reshapes to cope with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
No team scores were published.
Among the standouts of the meet was 14-year old Layton Sealman from Flatiron, who swam a new lifetime best of 58.60 in the 100-yard breaststroke. That improves upon his previous best time of 59.59 done in late January at a travel meet.
While the meet was segmented into sessions by age group so they didn’t swim head-to-head, 17-year old Andy Carlson of Foothills was the only swimmer better in 58.32.
He finished atop the 13-14 age group in the 100 breaststroke, as well as the 50 free (22.13) and 100 free (49.16), though neither freestyle event was a best time.
Other Highlight Performances:
- 16-year old Chase Mueller and 17-year old Henry Mueller finished 1-2 in 3 different races: the 100 back, 200 back, and 50 free, with Chase winning the 100 back and Henry the other two events. In the 50 free, specifically, both swimmers swam lifetime bests, with Henry touching in 21.89 and Chase in 22.02.
- 15-year old Tristen Davin from Foothills Swim Team swam best times of 22.40 in the 50 free and 1:45.09 in the 200 free, including a win in that 200 free.
- 13-year old Amelia Mason swam a new best time of 5:22.52 in the 500 free, at altitude, and 57.19 in the 100 fly. That’s a 14-second drop in the 500 free and almost a 2 second drop in the 100 fly.