2022 Speedo Spring Sectionals – Phoenix
- March 24-27, 2022
- PCDS Aquatic Center, Phoenix, AZ
- SCY (25 yards)
- Psych Sheet
- Live Results on MeetMobile “2022 Spring Speedo Sectional – Phoenix, AZ”
Top 5 Team Scores Through Day 2
- Phoneix Swim Club – 1617
- Swim Neptune – 1563.5
- Bellevue Club Swim Team – 1503.5
- Bainbridge Island Swim Club – 944
- Tucson Ford Dealers Aquatics – 727
- Swim Neptune – 1075
- Phoenix Swim Club – 758.5
- Bellevue Club Swim Team – 670
- Olympic Cascade Aquatics – 586.5
- Team Eugene Aquatics-YMCA – 464.5
- Phoenix Swim Club – 858.5
- Bellevue Club Swim Team – 833.5
- Bainbridge Island Swim Club – 802.5
- Swim Neptune – 488.5
- Tucson Ford Dealers Aquatics – 479
14-year-old Ella Cosgrove out of Tucson Ford Dealers Aquatics won the women’s 500 free tonight at the Pheonix Sectionals meet, swimming a 4:47.77. It was a milestone swim for Cosgrove, marking her 2nd time under 4;50 in the event. Her first sub-4:50 came in prelims, where she swam a 4:49.70.
Kennedy Noble, a Phoenix Swim Club 18-year-old, continued to swim extremely well this weekend. Noble first won the women’s 200 back, posting a 1:52.05. That swim comes in just off Noble’s personal best of 1:51.91, which she swam in February of 2021. Noble then went on to win the women’s 100 fly, clocking a 53.15. That swim was also just off her personal best of 53.00, which also was established in February of 2021. Notably, Bainbridge Island Swim Club 14-year-old Clare Watson swam a new personal best of 54.49 to take 2nd in the event.
Swim Neptune 17-year-old and Cal recruit Keaton Jones won another event last night, taking the men’s 200 back in 1:44.91. That swim comes in well off Jones’ career best of 1:41.71, which he swam in December of 2021 at the Speedo Winter Junior Championships West meet. Jones swam a solid front half of his race tonight, splitting 50.14 on the first 100, thanks to splits of 24.21 and 25.93 on the first two 50s.
UNLV recruit Charley Page-Jones, a Team Eugene Aquatics YMCA 18-year-old, won the men’s 100 fly in 47.40. That swim marks a new personal best for Page-Jones.
There was a tie in the men’s 100 breast, where Phoenix Swim Club’s Ikuto Yoshida and Aulea Swim Club’s Thomas Caps each touching in 55.03.
Other Saturday Event Winners
- Men’s 500 Free: Matthew Williamson (OCA) – 4:31.12
- Women’s 100 Breast: Kinley Wigle (BEND) – 1:01.98