2016 WISCONSIN GIRLS DIVISION 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
FINAL TOP 5 TEAM SCORES:
- Middleton- 265
- Verona Area/Mount Horeb- 215.50
- Arrowhead- 180
- Cedarburg- 168.5
- Madison West- 135
The Middleton girls emerged victorious at the 2016 Wisconsin Girls Division 1 State Championships, winning the meet with 265 points. Also collecting over 200 points for the runner-up spot was Verona Area/Mount Horeb (2:15.50). Arrowhead rounded out the top 3 with their 180 points.
Cedarburg’s Lillie Hosack successfully defended her 200 IM state title in record-breaking fashion. She dominated the field to win back-to-back titles with her 1:59.47. With that, she took down Katie Drabot‘s division 1 State Record of 1:59.89 from the 2013 state meet, knocking it down by just over 4 tenths.
Hosack picked up another individual medal in the 100 back, taking silver with a 54.56. Winning that race was Madison West sophomore Katrina Marty, who had the fastest back half of the field to secure the gold. Marty surged through the 2nd 50 to take a 54.21 victory.
Finishing a close 3rd behind Marty and Hosack in the 100 back was Middleton freshman Gabriela Pierobon Mays (54.69), who earned 2 individual medals to help her team to their state title. Mays also won the state title in the 100 fly, winning the race in 55.00.
2016 WIAA Girls State Champions:
- 200 medley relay- Cedarburg (Hosack, Remington, Fore, Novack), 1:43.44
- 200 free- Abby Cabush, Arrowhead, 1:50.77
- 200 IM- Lillie Hosack, Cedarburg, 1:59.47 *D1 STATE RECORD*
- 50 free- Gwen Gustafson, Brookfield Central, 23.31
- 100 fly- Gabriela Pierobon Mays, Middleton, 55.00
- 100 free- Skylar Fore, Cedarburg, 50.77
- 500 free- Rachel Powers, Sun Prairie, 4:56.19
- 200 free relay- Middleton (Mack, Licking, Hippen, Aegerter), 1:33.72
- 100 back- Katrina Marty, Madison West, 54.31
- 100 breast- Grace Bennin, Verona Area/Mount Horeb, 1:02.13
- 400 free relay- Middleton (Aegerter, Hippen, Mack, Pierobon Mays), 3:24.94