Courtesy: USA Swimming
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – In March, days before the pandemic changed everyday life, the USA Swimming Foundation finalized its early 2020 grant funding distribution and is proud to now share that it awarded $408,155 to learn-to-swim programs. The grants will go towards swim lesson programs, providing an estimated 12,000 children with the opportunity to learn how to swim as communities return to pools.
The USA Swimming Foundation vetted 276 applications through a competitive annual review process and chose 60 programs to receive funding.
Last year the USA Swimming Foundation granted $608,555 in funding to learn-to-swim programs across the country. The Foundation and their nationwide network of more than 1,200 swim lesson providers are helping to spread national awareness on the importance of learning to swim and water safety.
The following programs from the USA Swimming Foundation’s swim lesson provider network were awarded 2020 USA Swimming Foundation grant funding:
- Bloomington Community Education – Aquatics, Bloomington, Minn.
- Boys & Girls Club of Deep East Texas, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lawrence, Lawrence Mass.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro South, Brockton, Mass.
- Brooklyn Center Community Center, Brooklyn Center, Minn.
- Buffalo City Swim Racers, Buffalo, N.Y.
- City of Bakersfield Recreation and Parks, Bakersfield, Calif.
- City of Brooklyn Park Recreation & Parks, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- City of Galesburg, Galesburg, Ill.
- City of Jersey City, Jersey City, N.J.
- City of Minnetonka-Rec Services, Minnetonka, Minn.
- City of Urbandale, Urbandale, Iowa
- CLE Swimming, LLC, Olmsted Falls, Ohio
- Duke University Aquatics, Durham, N.C.
- Goldfish Swim School – Dayton, Dayton, Ohio
- Goldfish Swim School Clarkston, Clarkston, Mich.
- Goldfish Swim School of Chicagoland, Chicago, Ill.
- Grand Rapids Ray and Joan Kroc Salvation Army Kroc Corps Community Center, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Greater Holyoke YMCA, Holyoke, Mass.
- Harris County Aquatics Program, Houston, Texas
- Houston Independent School District, Houston, Texas
- Hunterdon County YMCA, Annandale, N.J.
- Indy Parks and Recreation, Indianapolis, Ind.
- J & M Swim LLC, McLean, Va.
- Madison Area YMCA, Madison, N.J.
- Magnolia Independent School District – Magnolia Aquatic Club, Magnolia, Texas
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Amphibious Achievement, Boston, Mass.
- Merrimack Valley YMCA, Lawrence, Mass.
- Milton and Betty Katz JCC of Atlantic County, Margate, N.J.
- Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Mississippi Gulf Coast YMCA, Ocean Springs, Miss.
- Muskegon YMCA, Muskegon, Mich.
- New City Kids, Jersey City, N.J.
- Raritan Valley YMCA, East Brunswick, N.J.
- Robbinsdale Community Education-District 281, Plymouth, Minn.
- Sharks Swim School, Friendswood, Texas
- South Shore YMCA, Norwell, Mass.
- Swim Beyond LLC, Atlanta, Ga.
- Swim to the Top, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- SwimLabs Littleton, Littleton, Colo.
- The Gateway Family YMCA- Rahway Branch, Rahway, N.J.
- The Gift of Swimming, Winter Garden, Fla.
- Youngstown Area Jewish Federation, Jewish Community Center, Youngstown, Ohio
- University of Houston, Campus Recreation Wellness Center, Houston, Texas
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center, White River Junction, Vt.
- Valley of the Moon Aquatics, Sonoma, Calif.
- Watertown Boys and Girls Club, Watertown, Mass.
- West Cook YMCA, Oak Park, Ill.
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts, Worcester, Mass.
- YMCA of Georgia’s Piedmont, Winder, Ga.
- YMCA of Greater Boston, Boston, Mass.
- YMCA of Greater Houston, Houston, Texas
- YMCA of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Mo.
- YMCA of Greater San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
- YMCA of Metro North, Peabody, Mass.
- YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- YMCA of Paterson, Paterson, N.J.
- YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minn.
- YMCA of the Suncoast, Clearwater, Fla.
- Young Woman’s Christian Organization (YWCO), Athens, Ga.
Keep up with all the latest USA Swimming news by following @usaswimming on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About the USA Swimming Foundation
The USA Swimming Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of USA Swimming. Established in 2004, the Foundation works to strengthen the sport by saving lives and building champions. Whether we’re equipping our children with the life-saving skill of learn to swim or providing financial support to our heroes on the U.S. National Team, the USA Swimming Foundation aims to provide the wonderful experience of swimming to kids at all levels across the country. To learn more, visit www.usaswimming.org/foundation.