For the second time in three weeks the UNLV men's and women's swimming and diving team will compete in two dual meets on the road, and both will be against former Mountain West rivals. Stock photo via Mike Lewis/Ola Vista Photography
LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) – For the second time in three weeks the UNLV men’s and women’s swimming and diving team will compete in two dual meets on the road, and both will be against former Mountain West rivals. First up will be a Friday,4 pm (PT) contest at BYU in Provo, Utah, and that’s followed by a Saturday, 10 am (PT) meet at Utah in Salt Lake City.
• UNLV has won ten conference championship meets in the past 11 seasons, including the final seven years of the Mountain West. The Rebels’ streak was narrowly broken in 2012 at the MPSF, but then won the 2013 MPSF title and the 2014 WAC championship
• Dillon Virva currently leads the WAC in the 50 free, while the Rebels also hold the fastest time in the 200 free relay as well
• This year’s underclassmen group includes three sophomores and eight freshman, joining eight juniors and a seven-member senior class
• Lina Rathsack holds the top time in the Mountain West in both the 100 and 200 breast. Janelle Nyugen also ranks first in the 400 IM
• UNLV also holds the top time in the league in the 200 free relay at 1:34.10
Lauren Neidigh is a former NCAA swimmer at the University of Arizona (2013-2015) and the University of Florida (2011-2013). While her college swimming career left a bit to be desired, her Snapchat chin selfies and hot takes on Twitter do not disappoint. She's also a high school graduate of The …