Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
MEN’S 200 FREE:
- Pro Swim Series Record: 1:44.82- Sun Yang, Santa Clara 2016
- Pool Record: 1:46.36- Yannick Agnel (France), 2011
- GOLD: Jack Conger, 1:46.96
- SILVER: Marwan El Kamash, 1:48.16
- BRONZE: Zane Grothe, 1:48.46
Texas postgrad Jack Conger dominated this race, flipping in 52.10 en route to a 1:46.96 victory. He was the only swimmer to break 1:48 tonight. Indiana alum Marwan El Kamash held off Indiana postgrad Zane Grothe for the silver, using his front-end speed to take the edge. Baylor’s Trey Freeman joined them under 1:50 to take 4th in 1:49.41, slightly faster than his prelims swim.