2017 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS
- August 2-6, 2017
- East Meadow, NY
- Long course (50m)
- Psych Sheet
- Pre-scratch timelines
- Meet Information
- Meet central
- Live Results
- Day 3 Prelims Heat Sheet
There were a total of nine scratches for day 3 prelims from the 2017 U.S. Open in East Meadow, most notably being Gunnar Bentz opting out of the men’s 400 IM.
Bentz came in as the top seed by nearly four seconds in 4:11.66, a time achieved at World Trials just over a month ago when he finished 3rd to Georgia teammates Chase Kalisz and Jay Litherland. Bentz will compete at the World University Games later in the summer, and has already locked down a spot on the U.S. National Team in the 400 IM.
He has instead chosen to focus on the 100 fly, where he comes in as the 6th seed with a time of 53.03.
Another top seeded scratch on day 3 comes from Megan Kingsley, as she opts out of the women’s 100 fly as the 9th seed. Luke Kaliszak (#32) is the most notable scratch from the men’s 100 fly, and there were none from the women’s 400 IM.
All Scratches – Day 3 Prelims
- Gunnar Bentz, Men’s 400 IM (#1)
- Stephen Holmquist, Men’s 400 IM (#12)
- Lovre Soric, Men’s 400 IM (#43)
- Mason Tenney, Men’s 400 IM (#46)
- Megan Kingsley, Women’s 100 Fly (#9)
- Lauryn Johnson, Women’s 100 Fly (#64)
- Luke Kaliszak, Men’s 100 Fly (#32)
- Juan Sequera, Men’s 100 Fly (#40)
- Andrew Chetcuti, Men’s 100 Fly (#51)