If you haven’t tried chia seeds before, here’s your sign. Chia seed pudding is a journey and a destination!! When chia seeds are mixed with any liquid it forms a thick pudding with a sweet and nutty taste. Just on appearance, chia seeds appear insignificant but these little guys are a nutritional powerhouse. Chia seeds are rich in protein and fiber. In fact, just one tablespoon of chia seeds provides 2.3 g of protein and 5 g of fiber! These seeds are a complete protein which means that it provides all the essential amino acids that the body needs to make proteins and repair muscle. Chia seeds are also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which helps to reduce inflammation. This parfait is high in protein and anti-inflammatory ingredients, which is perfect as a post-workout snack.
If you’ve never had chia seeds before, the texture may be strange at first. But trust me the experience is worth it because the combination of the chia layer, rich yogurt, and sweetness of blueberries and granola is delicious. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 Cups of milk or milk alternative
- ¾ cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Low fat plain greek yogurt
- Blueberries (or other fav fruit!)
- Granola of choice
- Combine the chia seeds, milk, and vanilla extract in a sealed container. Place the mixture in the refrigerator overnight to allow time for the mixture to thicken to pudding like consistency.
- The following morning once the mixture has thickened to a gel-like consistency, add 3 tbsp of chia seed pudding into a cup, build the next layer by adding 3 tbsp of Greek yogurt, add a layer of blueberries, then a sprinkle of granola, and repeat all the layers one more time!
- Last and most importantly, enjoy! ✨chef’s kiss✨
This recipe makes enough for a work week’s worth of chia parfaits for an on-the-go breakfast or post workout snack! I love this recipe because you can switch up the fruit throughout the week for extra variety.