Under the Supervision of the General Manager/Head Coach the Aquatics Programming Director is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the success of the Wichita Swim Club’s aquatic programs.
Overview of position:
1. Develops and Organizes aquatics programs in conjunction with General Manager/Head Coach.
2. Manages operation of Swim School consisting of 350-600 swimmers per session.
3. Plans and markets Wichita Swim Club Aquatics Programs.
4. Prepares progress reports on Aquatics Programs.
5. Trains and manages Swim School and program staff.
6. Plans and coordinates program marketing and community events.
Swim School Management:
1. Ensures implementation of Swim America Curriculum.
2. Educates and trains staff of 25-35 employees on curriculum.
3. Manages website and program communications.
4. Educates clients on processes for enrolling and payments.
5. Educates clients on Swim School curriculum.
6. Educates clients on aquatic safety issues.
7. Ensures scheduling of students and instructors into classes.
8. Ensures tracking of student skills and level progress.
9. Responds to client inquiries.
10. Actively markets Swim School to the community.
11. Oversees lessons and/or Deck Supervisers to ensure swimmer progress and implementation of curriculum.
12. Works in conjunction with General Manager/Head Coach to develop program budget.
13. Conducts in-service training with staff to continue education of instructors and supervisors.
14. Works with Swim Team counterparts to develop transition programs.
Additional Aquatics Program Implementation:
1. Develops program curriculum and assures its implementation.
2. Actively markets programs to community.
3. Assures quality of customer experience.
4. Maintains program website.
5. Answers customers e-mails and questions.
6. Collaborates with General Manager/Head Coach on yearly budget.
7. Seeks out and pursues grant opportunities for programming.
1. Ensures database of programs, registrations, and customers is being updated and maintained.
2. Delivers monthly and quarterly reports for programs as directed
3. Provides requests for equipment needs to General Manager/Head Coach.
Supervision and Training:
1. Hires staff in coordination with the General Manager/Head Coach.
2. Trains staff and instructors on program curriculum.
3. Provides routine feedback to staff supported by formal reviews per club policy.
4. Ensures class schedules are being created and adhered to.
5. Conducts meetings with supervisors.
6. Conducts safety training for entire Wichita Swim Club staff.
7. Assures that staff is cleaning areas throughout and at the end of the work day.
Other duties: As directed by General Manager/Head Coach
1) Undergraduate Degree preferred.
2) Minimum of 4 years experience working the aquatics industry to include:
a) Working with youth
b) Water safety
c) Program development
d) Program marketing
e) Supervisory duties
f) Class and staff scheduling
g) Registration software and database management
h) Project Management
3) Ability to implement organizational goals
4) Grant writing ability is a plus.
5) Swim America experience is a plus.
6) Ability to pass background screening.
7) Certifications in or ability to obtain certifications in Lifeguard Training, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Water Safety and/or Instructors training (i.e. Red Cross WSI, Swim America, etc.)
SALARY / BENEFITS / HOURS
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vacation, Swim School and/or Swim Team tuition discounts
Hours: Full Time
Apply: Email resume and references to Brian Kupferer at [email protected] or mail to Wichita Swim Club, 8323 E Douglas, Wichita, KS 67207
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Brian Kupferer- [email protected]
WICHITA SWIM CLUB
Wichita Swim Club was formed in 1954. In 1991 WSC opened it’s own facility. The facility has a 50 mtr x 25 yard competition pool and a 2 lane 20 yard warm water lesson pool. The swim lesson program has 300-500 swimmers per session.
Swimming Job / Swimming courtesy of WICHITA SWIM CLUB.