Santa Clara, California
Santa Clara Swim Club
Full-time Age Group and Performance Level Coaches
Founded in 1951, by George Haines, Santa Clara Swim Club was founded by George Haines, considered one of the best swim coaches in history. The club has received many awards and honors throughout the years. These range from World Records, Olympic Champions, World Champions and Sullivan Awards to Male and Female World and U.S. Swimmer of the Year. Our team is an USA Swimming Gold Medal Swim Club since 2014 and home to 500+ competitive age group swimmers, 400+ Developmental Swimmers, 400+ Swim School swimmers, and 200+ Masters Swimmer. We have a large number of USA Swimming National & Olympic Trial qualifiers and have scored in the top ten at Winter and Summer Junior National in the past year. The team trains in multiple locations in Santa Clara County including Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, and Morgan Hill California.
We are looking to hire an Age Group Coach that would lead, design and teach growth from the youngest novices to the appropriate Performance Age Group level programs while working within the Team Vision and Mission.
Essential Job Tasks include:
1) Follow USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Santa Clara Swim Club’s policies and procedures.
2) Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach and Coaching staff.
3) Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
2) Current ASCA Membership (level 3 or higher is preferred).
3) A college degree (preferred, but not required).
4) Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration social, emotional and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building,
5) Must be prepared to develop swimmers, rather than manage great athletes.
6) Should have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers with sound biomechanics.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full Time Benefits include Medical, Dental and Paid Vacation/Holiday, SCSC pays for USA membership and background screening, professional development/certifications, attendance at clinics…
How to Apply
Applicants should forward a cover letter outlining interest in our organization, resume, including 3 references, and one page statement on coaching philosophy to:
Caleb Fenner – [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Santa Clara Swim Club.