The Havasu Stingrays Swim Team is seeking an experienced Head Coach for our USA Swimming program.
We are a competitive swim team dedicated to athletic development for our swimmers with all levels of competition. We attend state, regional and national competitions and host USA sanctioned swim meets. Our team has a great relationship with the Lake Havasu City Parks and Recreation Department and we utilize their indoor Aquatic Center for year-round practice and meets.
The Head Coach is responsible for overall coaching of the team, coaches and development of our swimmers in a safe and competitive environment. He or she also is responsible for development and the continuing education of our coaching staff and managing meet participation.
The successful candidate will lead, design and administer an aquatics program that emphasizes progression of swimmers from our youngest, developmental athletes through our oldest, national-level athletes.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Member of the Board of Directors
• Supervision and management of assistant coaching staff to execute programs that allow swimmers to reach full potential and progress through our program to senior level, high school and beyond
• Management of meet participation and related travel to out-of-area meets
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing for staff needs
• Providing for appropriate placement, mentoring, development, and feedback of athletes • Coordinating group placement and advancement guidelines
• Continue working with the local high school coaches and summer league coaches to recruit new athletes and further develop and grow HSST.
• Contributing to team meet selections and submitting team meet entries
• Adhering to and enforcing rules and regulations of HSST and USA Swimming
• Any other tasks reasonably assigned by the Board
- Knowledge in TeamUnify is preferable
This position is available for immediate hire.
This is a part-time position, minimum two hours per day, five-days per week.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, up to $16,000 per year.
The team pays for lodging at meets, along with other benefits that can be explained to serious applicants.
Comprehensive reference checks will be conducted for final candidates as the safety of our members is of top priority.
Applicant interest is kept in the strictest of confidence. To learn more about us, please visit us at www.HavasuStingraysSwimTeam.com .
HOW TO APPLY
Anyone interested is encouraged to contact us at [email protected]
ABOUT LAKE HAVASU CITY
Lake Havasu City is a resort community and a highly desirable retirement location with access to the Famous Colorado River and London Bridge in Lake Havasu. We are located about 3 hours from Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Flagstaff and Phoenix. There is never a shortage of recreation for those that love to hunt, boat, hike, ride ATV’s or just enjoy the wonders of the Arizona Desert.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Havasu Stingrays Swim Team.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.