ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Oversee program of 300 competitive swimmers/ 200 non-competitive learn to swim athletes; design and administer a world class competitive swim program which meets the needs of the novice competitive swimmer up to the elite competitive swimmer. Parkway Swim Club is a consistent top performer at the Ozark LSC and Region VIII level as well as a perennial USA Swimming Club Excellence medal winner.
Responsibilities for the position include
- Training the National group of approximately 24 – 35 swimmers.
- Select, develop, supervise and motivate qualified assistant coaches to ensure the development of swimmers (at all levels of the program) reach their potential as excellent athletes.
- Manage administrative tasks/duties for coaching staff.
- Oversee a budget that meets the school district’s goals of being self-sustaining.
- Provides for a successful competitive swim program in performance and growth for the community.
- Assist the Booster Board with activities; and actively participate in the local /national swim committees of U.S.A swimming.
Salary is extremely competitive and based on the coaching experience and includes full medical & dental benefits, as well as retirement, additional compensation for relocation, reimbursement for coach education and travel to meets.
* Minimum ASCA Level 4 or higher, current member in good standing with USA Swimming
* 10 years coaching experience preferred as Head Coach or Head Age Group Coach
* Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with strong leadership skills
* Dedicated to excellence at ALL levels, excellent communicator, and outstanding track record of mentoring, training and placing staff
* Proven problem solver
* Pass appropriate background checks (USA Swimming and school district), CPR, First Aid and Coaches Safety training
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and list of references by email to Thom Bick at [email protected] 314-415-6945.
The start date for this position is August 1st.
About Parkway Swim Club
Mission Statement: The Parkway Swim Club provides swimmers of all ages, through training and guidance, the opportunity to develop skills necessary to formulate and attain their goals.
Booster Statement: The Parkway Swim Club Booster Organization will provide financial, social, and volunteer support to the Parkway Swim Club in its operation of a swim team program for the Community School to provide swimmers of all ages, through training and guidance, the opportunity to develop skills necessary to formulate and attain their goals.
Vision Statement: Parkway Swim Club is committed to establishing a supportive environment for swimmers, parents and coaches. Leadership and resources will be provided for continuity among various programs while maintaining open communication.
Each swimmer is an important team member and will be provided with the opportunity to develop self-confidence, discipline and time management skills that will be used for the rest of their lives.
We will train and compete in an atmosphere of fun, friendship and team spirit while further building Parkway Swim Club’s tradition of excellence.
Parkway Creed: This team shall be known for its great enthusiasm, pride and camaraderie, tempered by graciousness and respect for all. Let our team members speak well of each other and of their competitors and always encourage others. Let them learn to accept praise and victory with modesty and defeat with dignity. Let our team conduct itself so officials, parents and meet sponsors are glad to have the Parkway Swim Club competing.
Follow Parkway Swim Club on Twitter here.
Swimming News / Swim Job is courtesy of Parkway Swim Club.