Immediate Opening – HEAD COACH – Michigan Lakeshore Aquatics (MLA);
Swimming & Diving Teams – Holland Michigan
This position is a full time salaried position with benefits responsible for all aspects of running a competitive year around swim program.
• Be a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards and adhering to USA Swimming Coach’s Code of Conduct and Safe Sport rules.
• Communicate professionally and effectively with student/athletes, parents, staff, MLA Booster Board and our HCAC patrons.
• Create an environment to grow our competitive program and contribute to the long-term health and success of the program.
• Be passionate about swimming, learning and developing the potential of all student/athletes.
• Coach the MLA Senior & Gold Group.
• Hire, supervise and build a strong coaching team.
• Design and oversee all training plans for MLA swim groups.
• Manage competitive policies, set SC & LC team meet schedules, and oversee team travel arrangements.
• Develop and manage competitive department budget.
• Be an integral part of the Holland Community Aquatic Center leadership team.
• Work with facility staff to develop marketing and public relation programs and materials.
• Coordinate with Aquatic Manager on integrating sound stroke techniques in Swim America and transition to competitive program.
• Work with facility staff to develop marketing materials and public relation programs.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education
• Minimum of (7) years’ coaching experience with demonstrated progression in leadership, management, supervision and student-athlete success
• Demonstrated ability to coach novice to elite level student-athletes
• Demonstrated effective leadership skills, ability to build teams and instill confidence & trust
• Excellent oral, interpersonal, public speaking and written communication skills
• Success with budget development, management, implementation and revenue growth
• American Coaches Association Certified Level 4 preferred or higher
• Proficient in; Hy-Tek’s Meet Manager, TeamUnify, and OnDeck
• Membership & Certifications; USA Swimming, American Swim Coaches Association,
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Water Safety Instructor (WSI),
• Must pass all Holland Aquatic Center pre-employment background and reference checks
Competitive Salary based on experience and qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should forward a cover letter outlining; coaching philosophy, salary requirements and current resume, to [email protected]
MLA operates midsize and year around swimming and diving clubs. Our teams have achieved great success over the years and have produced Jr./Sr. National and Olympic trial qualifiers and many collegiate swimmers. MLA is a facility owned and supported swim program with the Head Coach reporting to the Executive Director of the Holland Community Aquatic Center. We are located in Holland, Michigan near the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. In 2015, Holland was recognized as the 3rd Best City for Families by Livability magazine and Reader’s Digest named Holland’s Tulip Time Festival one the best small-town events in the country.
Facility – We train in a state-of-the-art, tax-supported aquatics facility. Our facility is over 85,000 square feet and includes an (8) lane (50) meter swimming and diving pool, a (6) lane (25) yard pool, a separate diving pool, leisure and therapy pools, fitness center, and bleacher viewing areas. We are home to two area high school state championship teams, our nationally recognized MLA team and athletes, and NCAA MIAA Division 3 Swim & Dive Championships. We are one of the few aquatic facilities nationwide providing free swimming lessons to our kindergarten through 5th grade students residing within our local boundaries. http://www.hollandaquaticcenter.org
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of MLA.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.