2022 WINTER JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS – EAST
- December 7-10, 2022
- Greensboro Aquatic Center, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Short Course Yards (25 yards), Prelims/Finals
- Prelims @9:00AM ET, Finals at 5:00 PM ET (except for day 1 timed finals)
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
GIRLS’ 800 FREESTYLE RELAY – TIMED FINALS
- East Meet Record: 7:05.85 – Nashville Aquatic Club (Raab, G. Walsh, Nelson, A. Walsh), 2017
- Pool Record: 6:50.99 – California (Runge, Cheng, Pelton, Franklin), 2015
- 13-14 NAG Record: 7:18.96 – NOVA Aquatics (G. Sheble, C. Sheble, Erickson, Ackerly), 2017
- 15-16 NAG Record: 7:08.94 – NCAP (Duncan, Spink, Wall, Gemmell), 2020
- 17-18 NAG Record: 7:06.69 – NCAP (Duncan, Wall, Spink, Gemmell), 2022
- Sarasota Sharks – 7:03.66 (MEET RECORD)
- Carmel Swim Club – 7:07.10
- TAC Titans – 7:14.20
Canadian teenage sensation Summer McIntosh is quickly finding her groove in short course yards racing.
While she swims in yards with Sarasota Sharks, since moving her training base to Florida in October, this is her first competition in the SCY format. McIntosh kicked off the evening session of Day 1 with a 23.62 50 fly split on Sarasota’s third-place 200 medley relay. The only swimmer in the field faster than McIntosh was Carmel Swim Club’s Alex Shackell (22.83), who contributed to Carmel’s meet record in the event.
In the next event, the 800 free relay, Carmel had built up a monster lead over the first three legs and led Sarasota by 5.2 seconds when McIntosh stepped up to the block. She erased 1.71 seconds on her first 50, 1.5 seconds on her second 50, 1.99 seconds on her third 50, and went 3.59 seconds faster than Carmel on her final 50 to put Sarasota in front by 3.44 seconds at the end.
Her splits were:
According to USA Swimming, McIntosh’s split of 1:40.19 is the seventh-fastest all-time, and the only one in the top 25 list not done by an NCAA swimmer.
|RANK||TIME||ATHLETE||LSC||CLUB CODE||SWIMMER COUNTRY||MEET NAME||SWIM DATE||LOCATION CITY|
|1||1:39.14||Mallory Comerford||KY||UN||2018 NCAA DI – Women||3/13/2018||Columbus|
|2||1:39.19||Mallory Comerford||KY||UN||2019 NCAA DI – Women||3/19/2019||Austin|
|3||1:39.83||Taylor Ruck||PC||UN||CAN||2019 NCAA DI – Women||3/19/2019||Austin|
|4||1:39.87||Katie Ledecky||FL||UN||2018 NCAA DI – Women||3/13/2018||Columbus|
|5||1:40.05||Missy Franklin||US||UN||2015 NCAA DI – Women||3/19/2015||Greensboro|
|6||1:40.08||Missy Franklin||US||UN||2014 NCAA DI – Women||3/20/2014||Minneapolis|
|7||1:40.19||Summer McIntosh||FL||SYS||CAN||2022 East Speedo Winter Junior Championships||12/7/2022||Greensboro|
|8||1:40.21||Mallory Comerford||KY||UN||2017 NCAA DI – Women||3/14/2017||Indianapolis|
|9||1:40.26||Mallory Comerford||KY||UN||2018 ACC Champs women||2/13/2018||Greensboro|
|10||1:40.28||Katie Ledecky||FL||UN||2017 PAC 12 Champs women||2/21/2017||Federal Way|
McIntosh will begin her individual events on Thursday. She is entered in the 200/500 free, 200 back, and 100/200 fly over the next three days.