6TH FINA WORLD JUNIOR SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, August 23 – Monday, August 28, 2017
- 50-Meter Course
- Indianapolis (USA)
- Heats 9:30 am EDT / Semifinals and Finals 6 pm EDT (GMT-5)
- Meet Central
- Meet info
- Entries book
- Omega results
- TV/Webcast schedule (USA)
- Live stream NBC Sports
- Live stream FINA (Heats and finals, for subscribers only. Not available in USA, Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Brazil, South Africa, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Brunei, China)
- Live stream FINA YouTube (Heats only, free of charge)
Regan Smith of the U.S. and Jordan Brunt of Australia are the two scratches for day 3 finals in Indianapolis at the 2017 World Junior Championships.
Smith, who won gold in a new junior world record in the 100 back last night, swam both the 50 fly and 200 back preliminaries this morning. She qualified for the 50 fly semis out of one of the non-circle-seeded heats, but has scratched that event. Her moving out puts Kristyna Stemberova of the Czech Republic into the semi-finals after she was 17th in 27.68 this morning. Smith had tied for 13th in 27.47.
Smith will swim the 200 back final, where she’ll aim for another junior world record after cruising to a new meet record of 2:09.07 in the prelims. The junior record stands at 2:06.76 from Australia’s Kaylee McKeown, done at the World Championships this year.
Australia’s Brunt has moved out of the 50 free, where he originally made the semis in 14th in a time of 23.07. That scratch prevented a swim-off, as Arsenii Chivilev (RUS) and Rodolfo Moreira (BRA) tied for 16th in 23.21, but now both get to swim.