2016 PV LC SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Dates: July 14th – July 17th
- Location: College Park, MD
- Live results (also available on Meet Mobile)
After John Shebat cranked out a huge new lifetime best in the 200 IM Thursday night, he came back for a win in the 100 back with a sharp 54.37 after a 54.86 in prelims.
Two big things about the rising Texas sophomore’s swim:
- Shebat’s 54.37 is just .17 off of his time in the final at the Olympic Trials, where he placed sixth.
- With 54’s becoming a thing of normalcy for him, a 53 seems to be in the near future. This, in addition to his 2:00.8 200 IM from Thursday, makes him an exciting prospect for national (or even Olympic) teams in the future.
Meanwhile, Isabella Rongione posted a 2:14.72 in the 200 fly for the win, her third-fastest time ever in that event. Sam Pomajevich, the 200 free champ from Friday, won the men’s 200 fly with a 2:03.47.
Thursday’s 1500 free champ, Lane Stone, swam his way to another win tonight. He took the 400 in 3:58.24, a second shy of his 3:57.20 from prelims. The Virginia Tech commit was tenths off of his lifetime best of 3:56.86 from the Austin stop of the Arena Pro Swim Series in January.
- Lexi Cuomo touched the wall at 1:03.77 to take the women’s 100 back. The 15-year-old from the Mason Makos notched a new best time after finishing 9th in prelims (1:06.82) and then getting scratched into the A final.
- In the women’s 400 free, 15-year-old Sinead Eksteen swam a 4:20.67 to take over two seconds off of her best time and earn a Jr Nationals cut.