2023 FLORIDA SWIMMING SPRING SENIOR CHAMPS
- March 9 to 12, 2023
- SCY (25 yards)
- Rosen Aquatic and Fitness Center, Orlando, Florida
- Full Results Under “2023 Florida Swimming Spring Senior Champs” on MeetMobile
Race Video courtesy of David Chambless YouTube channel.
Ledecky broke her own 1650-yard free U.S. Open and American record on the last day of Florida Swimming Senior Champs in Orlando, FL. Her time of 15:01.41 beats her previous mark of 15:03.31, a record she set back in 2017 while she was still swimming collegiately for Stanford at the Art Adamson Invite.
Race video has emerged for the swim, which was Ledecky’s third American Record in four months after a six-year drought.
Now, Ledecky holds seven of the top-8 times in the history of the 1650 free and is over 22 seconds faster than Erica Sullivan, who is the second-fastest performer of all-time in the event and holds a personal best of 15:23.81.
All-Time Top Performances, Women’s 1650-Yard Free
- Katie Ledecky, Gator Swim Club — 15:01.41 (2023)
- Katie Ledecky, Stanford — 15:03.31 (2017)
- Katie Ledecky, Stanford — 15:03.92 (2016)
- Katie Ledecky, Stanford — 15:07.57 (2018)
- Katie Ledecky, Stanford — 15:07.70 (2017)
- Katie Ledecky, Nation’s Capital Swim Club — 15:13.30 (2014)
- Katie Ledecky, Nation’s Capital Swim Club — 15:15.17 (2013)
- Erica Sullivan, Sandpipers of Nevada — 15:23.81 (2019)
You can read more about Ledecky’s record-breaking swim here.
I love the guy in lane 2/3 at the end. He’s like “f*** me, why even try now?”
As a guy who swam the same events as Katie, it was tough to see her go a ridiculous time only to follow-up and swim the same event. The longer it was, the standard she said was much harder to match.
You know she’s the GOAT when she makes a male American Olympic Trials qualifier in her events shake.
With a video title like that no wonder it took a couple weeks to find
It’s a pity that Katie’s reaction at the finish to the result of this race wasn’t shown. That is the only moment when she doesn’t control her emotions and we would know from her body language if she was satisfied with the result or breaking 15 minutes was in mind.
Here you go:
I’d say disappointed.