French youth continue to rewrite the record books at the French short course nationals in Dijon. Nine new marks came from Day 3’s morning prelims session:
- 1500 free : Lola BORTUZZO (16.55.35) 15yo girls
- 50 breast : Tanguy LESPARRE (30.36) 14yo boys ; Jean DENCAUSSE (28.37) both 16yo and 17yo boys
- 100 back : Mickael FORTIER (59.72) 13yo boys
- 100 breast : Nolwenn HERVE (1:11.79) 14yo girls
- 100 IM : Romain AUNE (1:02.43) 13yo boys ; Tanguy LESPARRE (59.46) 14yo boys
- 100 fly : Marie WATTEL (59.98) 16yo girls
This brings the total French new record count to 42 since the beginning of the championships.
Other highlights of the morning prelims include French record-holder Jérémy STRAVIUS (51.15) leading the way in the 100 back ahead of Benjamin STASIULIS (51.87), with Camille LACOURT (54.52) in seventh. Florent MANAUDOU, came out on top of the 100 IM with 53.98 ; he set the French record at Doha with 52.16 and could lower it again tonight. 100 breast winner Giacomo PEREZ DORTONA is leading the 50 with his 27.17 morning performance; MANAUDOU holds the record there with 26.29. In the 200 fly Jordan COELHO, who finished second in the 100 to STRAVIUS’s record-setting 50.06, had the fastest prelims time of 1:55.90. On the women’s side, top seeds include Charlotte BONNET in the 400 free (4:05.68), Solène GALLEGO in the 100 breast (1:09.32), Mélanie HENIQUE with the 100 fly (58.89), and Cloé CREDEVILLE in the 50 back (28.12).
Full results here