2017 PACIFIC NORTHWEST SWIMMING SENIOR LONG COURSE CHAMPS
- July 20th-22nd, 2017
- King County Aquatic Center, Federal Way, Washington
- Meet Central
- Live Results
15-year old Nathan Hayes of the hosts KING broke a 22-year old PNS Record on Saturday, the final day of the PNS Senior Champs. He swam 2:05.53 to place 2nd in the 200 backstroke, which broke 15-16 LSC record in the event that was set by Chris Jacobson in 1995.
That record might not last for long, however. Finishing one spot, and three-hundredths, behind him was his 14-year old teammate Tyler Lu in 2:05.56. That gave Lu the 13-14 LSC Record, breaking his own record of 2:07.80 set exactly a year ago from Sunday.
They both trailed 19-year old winner Aaron Elhajj, who won in 2:03.49.
Other Day 3 Winners:
- 16-year old WAVE swimmer Gabby Dang won the women’s 100 free in 56.58 – missing the LSC record by a tenth of a second.
- World University Games swimmer Dillon Virva, who is representing KING at this meet, won the men’s 100 free in 51.94. Jonathan Cook took 2nd in 52.09.
- Kyndal Phillips won the women’s 200 back by a second-and-a-half in 2:18.60.
- Taylor Kabacy of KING won the women’s 1500 free in 17:12.48 at just 15 years old.
- William Christenson won the men’s 1500 free by 31 seconds in 16:24.89.
- Sarah DiMeco won the women’s 200 fly in 2:16.25. That put the 16-year old 3 seconds ahead of the runner-up, 14-year old Amy Tang, in 2:19.06.
- Evergreen Swim Club’s Alex Wright won the men’s 200 fly in 2:05.23.
- KING took the top two spots in each of the closing 400 free relays.
Final Team Scores
Men’s Top 5:
- King Aquatic Club – 1230.5
- Bellevue Club Swim Team – 585
- West Coast Aquatics – 291
- Central Area Aquatics Team – 255.5
- Evergreen Swim Club – 227
Women’s Top 5:
- King Aquatic Club – 1144.5
- Bellevue Club Swim Team – 499
- Issaquah Swim Team – 365.5
- Central Area Aquatics Team – 322.5
- Bellingham Bay Swim Team – 244