Teaser: The No. 5 University of Michigan water polo team will travel to Tempe, Ariz. this weekend for the ASU Invitational on Saturday (Mar. 19) and Sunday (Mar. 20).
Saturday, Mar. 19
Game 1: Michigan at Arizona State, 10:30 a.m. CT
Game 2: Michigan vs. Pomona-Pitzer, 5 p.m.
Sunday, Mar. 20
Game 3: Michigan vs. Pacific, 8 a.m.
Game 4: Michigan vs. Marist, 2 p.m.
- Game Day Information: Mona Plummer Aquatic Center
The No. 5 University of Michigan water polo team will travel to Tempe, Ariz. this weekend for the ASU Invitational on Saturday(Mar. 19) and Sunday (Mar. 20)..
- No. 5 Michigan (16-5) – defeated five top 10 teams on the season
- No. 9 Arizona State (10-4) – all four losses to top 10 teams
- No. 12 Pacific (6-12) – Michigan won the first meeting, 11-7 on Jan. 31
- No. 24 Marist (5-10) – lost to Michigan by a 16-6 count on Jan. 30
- Pomona-Pitzer (5-8) – 0-4 all-time against Michigan, last meeting in 2013 (13-6)
THINGS TO KNOW
- Michigan has climbed to its highest ranking in program history, sitting at No. 5 for the second straight week. U-M was also ranked No. 5 for three straight weeks on Feb. 10, Feb. 17 and Feb. 24 in 2010.
- The Wolverines have played 20 of its 21 games against ranked teams, including a 5-5 record against top-10 teams after winning only 18 games against the top 10 in the first 15 years of the program
- Michigan has climbed to its highest ranking in program history, sitting at No. 5 for the second straight week
- This will be the final weekend of nonconference games for Michigan as they start the CWPA portion of the schedule on April 2at Indiana
- Senior Ali Thomason has already eclipsed the 50-goal mark for the season with 55 goals in 21 games. She ranks fifth in school history with 170 career goals.
- Sophomore Caroline Anderson has a team-high 39 assists, which is the second most already by a Michigan sophomore. She is five away from becoming 10th player with 100 career assists and she is only in her second year.
Swimming news courtesy of Michigan Water Polo.