2021 PRO SWIM SERIES – MISSION VIEJO (#3)
- April 8-11, 2021
- Marguerite Aquatics Center, Mission Viejo, CA
- Prelims – 4:00pm PST/Finals – 10:00am PST
- Meet central
- Meet information
- Psych sheets
- Live stream (USA Swimming – evening prelims & 800 free Thursday)
- Live stream (Olympic Channel – mid-day finals)
- Live results
Reported by Karl Ortegon.
WOMEN’S 400 IM – FINALS
- Pro Swim Record: 4:31.07 Katinka Hosszu (2015)
- Trials Wave II: 4:47.72
- Trials Wave I: 4:51.79
Melanie Margalis opened up a huge lead through the breaststroke leg, and she put down the hammer with a 4:35.18. Margalis’s 4:35.18 ranks second in the world this year, and it’s a great swim in April. She was 38 seconds on both breaststroke legs and closed in a 1:02.8 after going out in a 2:15.0 on the first 200.
Hali Flickinger of Sun Devil Swimming and Madisyn Cox of Longhorn Aquatics were both under 4:40, each dropping over a second to go 2-3 at 4:37.55 and 4:39.10, respectively. Leah Smith slashed almost five seconds off of her prelims swim to take fourth in 4:40.48.
Mission Viejo’s Katie Crom clocked a 4:46.61 to take the B-final, dropping over four seconds from prelims. She establishes a new lifetime best, downing her old one of 4:47.92 from back in 2019.