Reported by James Sutherland.
WOMEN’S 200 IM FINAL
- US Open Record: 2:08.66, Katinka Hosszu, 2015
- GT Pool Record: 2:09.39, Caitlin Leverenz, 2011
- Melanie Margalis, SPA, 2:11.43
- Monika Gonzalez-Hermosillo, TAMU, 2:14.40
- Brooke Forde, LAK, 2:14.59
Melanie Margalis opened up a big lead on the backstroke leg and continued to extend it throughout the rest of the race, touching 1st in a time of 2:11.43. She was exactly 1 second off her season best from Indi that ranks her 8th in the world.
It was a very tight battle for 2nd, as Monika Gonzalez-Hermosillo‘s 30.9 split pulled her past Brooke Forde and Siobhan Haughey for the spot. She touched in 2:14.40, with Forde 3rd in 2:14.59, and Haughey 4th in 2:14.79.