The North Texas Mean Green celebrated Senior Night with a win against cross town foe TCU 180-120. This is just the fourth time in twenty three face offs that the Mean Green have had a victory over the TCU Frogs.
The Mean Green had strong relay performances. They won the 200 Medley Relay with the team of Rebekah Bradley, Sarah Vaisse, Sydney Buckley, and Bianca Bocsa. They proceeded to close the meet out with another relay win, with the team of Brittany Thurstin, Lauren Tidwell, Isabelle Morris, and Bocsa.
Key event winners for the Mean Green included:
- Natalia Kwiatowska– 1000 free, 10:24.79- which was good for a season best.
- Morris- 200 free, 1:52.87; 100 free, 52.38- which was a tie with teammate Bosca
- Bradley- 100 back, 55.68
- Claudia Kitching– 100 breast, 1:04.63; 200 breast, 2:18.49
- Caroline Culpepper– 200 fly, 2:05.64
- Thurstin- 50 free, 24.16
- Bradley- 200 back, 2:03.44
- Vaisse- 200 IM, 2:06.82
Key event winners for the Frogs included:
- Kristen Connolly– 1 meter diving, 3 meter diving
- Alexandra Robertson– 500 free, 5:04.21- this was freshman Robertson’s first time to compete in this event in her collegiate career
- Micaela Roemer– 100 fly, 56.97- good for a personal best by .21 seconds.
The Mean Green and Frogs will both return to competition on February 5th. UNT will compete against SMU and TCU will take on Texas.